Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Big Three lengths

Could anyone tell me the lengths needed for the big three upgrade?
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
10-12 ft.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
A foot for the battery ground to the header panel area (it's not on the header panel btw). 10 ft for the alternator to positive battery (I used 7 on the Ecotec, but its alternator is at the bottom and can be ran relatively easy. It's a straight shoot). 3-5 ft for the alternator ground.

Order 12 feet, do the alternator first and go from there. That way if you run short, you can easily remedy it instead of wasting cable.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
A foot for the battery ground to the header panel area (it's not on the header panel btw). 10 ft for the alternator to positive battery (I used 7 on the Ecotec, but its alternator is at the bottom and can be ran relatively easy. It's a straight shoot). 3-5 ft for the alternator ground.

Order 12 feet, do the alternator first and go from there. That way if you run short, you can easily remedy it instead of wasting cable.

Thanks I was hoping for specific lengths. Trying to get cables pre-crimped and such. I appreciate all replies though. Was thinking 6-7 for Alt+ to battery and 4 each for the neg's. I guess I could just take some cheap speaker wire and run the routs and measure the wire i' am just lazy
Old 05-06-2014, 02:28 AM   #5
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Get a measuring tape and measure it dude.

Something like this would help you a lot. I think they sell em at fabric stores. Walmart for sure, but you may have to check the sewing section and not the tool sections.

BTW, where do you plan on grounding the battery? You don't need 4" for the battery one, you can just use the stock ground. That's what I did.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-06-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
negolien
GL Member

I got one like that just gotta drag my ass down to the car and do it lol.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #7
Nas Escobar
GLS member

If you still haven't done so, here's a how to on the big 3. It's from the Grand Am forum but you'll benefit from it anyways. Same car/same engine.

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108792
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
negolien
GL Member

Yup saw that thanks. They also had video on there for alt changing. Nice little site.