Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
dbailey
GL Member

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 3.4 Tranny Mount

Guys I think my front tranny mount is shot after not fixing the valve cover gasket leak and letting oil leak onto it. When I even slightly accelerate from a dead stop it acts like it is slipping but had it checked out at my local tranny shop and that guy even said it is the mount. Is that mount hard to replace? Any tricks/cautions? Thanks alot.
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
How can the mount cause the transmission to slip?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Easy to replace, yes... trans will feel awful with it gone bad. Get Milzy's mount now, it's worth the difference!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
dbailey
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbar71 View Post
How can the mount cause the transmission to slip?

It was actually my assumption that the tranny was slipping. Feels like a slipping sensation in my foot when I accelerate. We held the brake and stepped on the gas and the engine rocked a fair amount and he said it looked like the tranny mount was broken. I've let oil leak down onto it for awhile and oil breaks down rubber so I guess that's what caused it to break or almost break. Checked front valve cover bolts and bottom one on right was really loose. Why I didn't check that long ago I have no clue. Dugh!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
dbailey
GL Member

FINALLY getting around to replacing the front mount cause I'm gonna sell her. Couldn't find any threads that gives a how-to. Anybody know of one? Thanks.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a poly filled tranny mount if you want it... let me know

To swap it.out all i did was jack up the motor to support it then went at it with the wrenches...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
dbailey
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
I have a poly filled tranny mount if you want it... let me know

To swap it.out all i did was jack up the motor to support it then went at it with the wrenches...

Thanks for the offer! Any way you could shoot a pic so I can make SURE its the one I need? If it is, how much you lookin to get for it? Thanks again!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute

this is the one that sits at the front on the driver side right by the fans...

this is where it goes... that shiny one is the one from Milzy Motorsports...

I bought the poly one for my 5 speed, but then found out the mounts are different on the 5 speed transmission vs the automatics!!

Im hoping to get $40+shipping...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote