Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #21
tacollins
GX Member

tacollins is on a distinguished road
Well I didn't ever get around to checking the fuel pressure, but I just went out to play in the snow in my yard with the car and it started missing out like crazy. When I got it back to where I park it I got out and started cleaning some more snow off the car and noticed that the tail of the car had a sweet smell. My dad smelt it also and before we smelt that he thought it was the coils, but now we are thinking that it is a bad head gasket. Also, I changed the fuel and air filters which seemed to help somewhat, but still I can start it and run it 14 miles to town park it go into the store, shop, come back out and try to start the car and it will turn on and then run rough and die back out. I was wondering since now I have more information on the issues my car is having, if anyone knew or thought that it could be a head gasket or the coils, or possibly something else we haven't thought of yet. Thanks ya'll.

Mods in consideration: Painted intake manifold, (still gotta replace my lifters, planning on using MMS improved lifters), Stage 2/3 NA Camshaft, CAI, Battery relocation, upgrade stock Kicker speakers with the stock upgrade ones from WalMart, (I blew one of my rear bass speakers, )

R.I.P. Paul Walker
tacollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #22
stubbyboy
GX Member

stubbyboy is on a distinguished road
2003 olds alero crank no start

i have a2003 alero that would crank but not start . plenty of spark would only start if i used starting fluid or gas into the spark plug hole. but once it was started it would restart as long as there was still gas or fumes in the cylinders I spent hours and hours researching different web sites. spent hours running different tests and tempted my self to start changing out parts. One website said check ALL your fuses under the hood and at each end of the dash even if you don't think they're related to the problem. thats what i did. I found a blown fuse that was marked A/C BFC. I changed it and the car started right up. apparently it controls the flow of fuel somehow . the fuse may have gotten blown by snow ,slush or ice from our northeast roads getting packed into the area around the A/C compressor. changing that fuse saved me hundreds of dollars in parts alone.
stubbyboy is offline   Reply With Quote