Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #41
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
eh.... maybe its mostly high school kids that will usually get em
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #42
Alvarulanda21
GX Member

Alvarulanda21 is on a distinguished road
Yeah very true but not for long, those kids are gonna want evos and wrx and brz and all those new toys that are coming out. So eventually they will wreck them or give it back to mom and daddy or just resale it. Aleros doesn't die that easy no matter how badly you drive it. This cars specially v6 were made strong.
Alvarulanda21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #43
Alvarulanda21
GX Member

There a Oldsmobile alero by my job, the man that owns it is an older man I've seem him, he looks retired from work, but his car looks brand new perfect condition. I even took a picture of it. Really nice car with a nice color it's like a purple ish color you. You guys probably know what color it's a factory color.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #44
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Purple was a one year color, 1999. That was the color of the rental car I had in Vegas in 1999. That is why I bought an Alero in the first place.

I currently have 147,6xx on my Alero, however it has been retired as a daily driver. It sits in my garage. Last day out was Dec 7th when I tried to do one last run of the season on the 1/4 mile, but the track was closed.

Tires inflated to 50 PSI, Full tank of gas, Stab-le in the tank, CTek battery tender hooked up. All clean and shinny too. I look at it a lot, but it will not come back outside until March or April

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #45
Alvarulanda21
GX Member

Oh nice. Your car is a true classic man sitting in the garage for good. Lol I might start doing that soon. My car still going strong, I want it to reach a lot of miles and prove that this car can last forever with a lot of miles. It will need a lot of fixing but it can get there.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #46
Alvarulanda21
GX Member

Hey sleeper or anyone, my car has 160k miles In it and so far it's been great like I mentioned. My last mechanic put 20w 50
Blend motor oil because it's a good oil for old cars, I heard it is very thick so I want to know what you guys think which is the best motor viscosity and brand for old high milage cars specially if I want to keep the car running strong. Thanks guys
Old 12-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #47
mfuller

5W-30 is what is recommended.
20W-50 is way too thick and is normally reserved for high performance and/or racing engines.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #48
Alvarulanda21
GX Member

Ok cool thanks dude. I change it back.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #49
02AleroGLS
GX Member

02AleroGLS is on a distinguished road
Question Help!!!

Ok, my Alero has been down since the middle of October and I've been replacing so many parts but now I've hit a snag! For one I'm using a electric craftsman impact that has "350 ft lbs" of torque and I cannot break loose my crank pulley. Any ideas?? And what's the easiest way to pull the steering rack?? Mines dripping fluid out of it bad..
02AleroGLS is offline   Reply With Quote