Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
Garnetdawn
GX Member

Garnetdawn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Garnetdawn
Post Conclusion on Pacesetter headers

So after reading many posts on here and other sites the main problem people are having is the coating flaking off. But guess what guys, I've thought of a solution(Gasps) its called spend 5-10 extra bucks for sandpaper(unless you own a portable sand blaster) spend 20 minutes getting the factory coat off and repaint it with high heat paint. I mean I know people have spent between 300-400$ and have the right to lodge their complaint but in the time they've spent lodging their complaint you mind as well fix the problem your self. And even if you butteff the paint job up by having runs its not gonna be all that noticeable when people say" Wow that sounds good" or what ever people say. (that and because their partly obscured in the small assengine bay). Because face itis still cheaper then paying all but or more of 1 Grand for Stainless steel headers from Milzy.(Okay yes maybe slightly higher quality of a metal but in my opinion and lots of other Gearheads I know think their overpriced like hell) But that tends to happen when you have pretty much the whole market for SS headers for 3x00 engines with out going to a local shop and having them fabricated their.

Last edited by Garnetdawn : 03-12-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Garnetdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
take it to a powdercoater, have them sandblast and ceramic coat them for $100

that's the way to properly do it
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
Garnetdawn
GX Member

Or that depends on if your a DIY type of person. But at the end of the day both methods work
Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
This is a thread?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 PM   #5
Garnetdawn
GX Member

Sadly..I thought id toss an idea around ya know