Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
01OhioAlero
GX Member

01OhioAlero is on a distinguished road
Intake

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-GRAN...item416e3410af
Im buying this, will it fit, and how hard is it to put in. Im sure I can do it. Also what kinda of gains? Im guessing 3-5hp and like 1-3mpg.
01OhioAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Yes it will fit. Really easy to install, pretty sure there is a how to on here.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
Garnetdawn
GX Member

Garnetdawn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Garnetdawn
Its gonna be a bitch sorta...becuase basically the filter goes in between the plastic fender well in front of the wheel and the windshield wiper fuild your gonna have to unmount your wheel eff around with the stock intake and in the mean time wonder how the hell your engine even got air...seeing you got a different version of what i bought mine came with the piping all the way to the throttle body...Wish i would have bought what your thinking about...I can take some pics for you and post them...basically you gotta pop off the plastic rivets in the inner fender well unbolt the stock air box feed the piping through the hole and bolt the filter to it then if it comes with mounting brackets you gotta figure out where they go I said eff it and chucked the brackets hardest part for me was removing the stock factory air box and plastic piping to right behind the head light
Garnetdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
This is the one you want...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-BLUE-P...7a57e7&vxp=mtr

Then, when you go to replace the filter, buy the "AEM Dry Filter" for it. DO NOT buy K&N under any circumstance, or any oiled filter for that matter

And to go a step further:

The only real way is to scan to see if there are gains happening. You can scan the engine now and see what your MAX g/cyl are and then scan it again after install and compare. You would want to see if your engine is showing anything less than atmospheric pressure. If you are then there will be gains from it guaranteed. You will not have any restriction in flow with that kit for sure. If you are installing this I would also recommend a LS1 MAF and a tune. Even just the addition of a intake should be properly tuned to gain the benefits it offers. If your fuel trims lock in at 0 when going into PE you will go lean with the addition of one of those.

Last edited by MMGT1 : 03-18-2014 at 07:13 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I just run a spectre filter on my car.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
01OhioAlero
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnetdawn View Post
Its gonna be a bitch sorta...becuase basically the filter goes in between the plastic fender well in front of the wheel and the windshield wiper fuild your gonna have to unmount your wheel eff around with the stock intake and in the mean time wonder how the hell your engine even got air...seeing you got a different version of what i bought mine came with the piping all the way to the throttle body...Wish i would have bought what your thinking about...I can take some pics for you and post them...basically you gotta pop off the plastic rivets in the inner fender well unbolt the stock air box feed the piping through the hole and bolt the filter to it then if it comes with mounting brackets you gotta figure out where they go I said eff it and chucked the brackets hardest part for me was removing the stock factory air box and plastic piping to right behind the head light
Pics would be nice, I have made worse things happen.
And MMGT that says its for Grand Am's and mines for Aleros, are you sure? I can I guess feel gains if I get some.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Grand am an alero are the same car.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
01OhioAlero
GX Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2004-20...item4176d4168e
After looking I bought that one. I will tell you guys about it when I get it. In the meantime I finally got a solution for my back head(2 exhaust manifold bolts were rusted in) cut exhaust behind cat and Im pulling the rest up through the motor bay. I will update my mini thread with it tommorrow.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
Garnetdawn
GX Member

Garnetdawn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Garnetdawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01OhioAlero View Post
Pics would be nice, I have made worse things happen.
And MMGT that says its for Grand Am's and mines for Aleros, are you sure? I can I guess feel gains if I get some.

[IMG][/IMG]
first remove your wheel next your gotta pull the plastic rivets out their are mor then likely going to break, you can do what i did and just put back into place with a couple screws( i spray painted them black afterwards...they got replaced with original fittings when i had it at the body shop.
[IMG][/IMG]

Remove your battery .Next your going to unbolt the factory air box take the upper half off first which allows to reach the screws 3 or 4 of them if i remember correct..Do not be afraid to man handle the damn thing because the factory tubing are just slide into one another. Then reaching up under the wheel well take out the rest of the factory tubing ..you may not able to get the last part of it out which is okay since its getting air from that and from the air duct beside the fog lamp(if you have them)
I recommend taking the tubing and running it through the hole in the frame first then clamping the filter on.
[IMG][/IMG]

May take a little adjusting to make it call fit to your MAF sensor after you have everything clamped on your set to go screw in the plastic cover piece and wheel and obviously battery and your set.... upon installing mine I notcied a huge increase in throttle response and a fair increase of acceleration speed between 30 and 70 mph and the awesome sound of the engine when you open her up. Yea i should probably remove the filter and clean it or replace it its been on for about 8 months

[IMG][url=http://s64.photobucket.com/user/foxdemon227garnetdawn/media/IMG_20140318_180048_zps8b3c2132.jpg.html]

And theirs the finished product
Garnetdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I only run CAI on the track. I run it as a WAI on the street

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote