Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
Deer hit my door.

So a deer took out my door yesterday and my side skirt, hoping someone can give me an idea about how much it will cost to replace them when I talk to Nationwide tomorrow. I know the door is passed the point of being worth repair. I was not hurt and the deer got away.

And I know everyone loves pictures.

Afugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I'm sure you could find a good used door at a junk yard somewhere. If not, they will probably run you $200-$300. I'm not 100% sure on that though.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
Afugy
I poop alot

Sorry, what I meant is, how much would it cost if I just took it to a shop and had them do all the work.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I don't know if you'd be able to get that door fixed... It looks pretty beat up at the handle.... It might have damaged the track for the window too since the window sits closer to the outside of the door. It also looks like the piller is bent out a little. Cause I can see into your car between those two pillars. I'm no expert, but just from looking at it, I think it would probably be cheaper to just get a new door. lol Bdyman would be able to help you more though.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
wow. lucky that you missed all that glass... (unless you weren't even in the car when it happened)

I would add my $0.02, but bdy is the guy your really waiting for...everyone else is just random comments.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
I so woulda had deer jerky after that.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
JoshGentry
GL Member

JoshGentry is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you shit your pants when you looked to the left and saw a deer in your face?? I would have. Lol.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
Blktrax
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
I don't know if you'd be able to get that door fixed... It looks pretty beat up at the handle.... It might have damaged the track for the window too since the window sits closer to the outside of the door. It also looks like the piller is bent out a little. Cause I can see into your car between those two pillars. I'm no expert, but just from looking at it, I think it would probably be cheaper to just get a new door. lol Bdyman would be able to help you more though.

What he said, you try and add up all those in new parts, your insurance it prob going to total the car,

Mirror, Door, Frame, Glass, Latch, also providing it didnt damage teh b-biller lock pin and where its bolted. plus labor and paint. I'd just go junkyarding for a complete door and skip the insurance, cause your deducable will prob pay for it.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh^^^^^^
forgive him father for he doesnt not know what he speaks of

nationwide is a good company to deal with any and all adjustors i have delt with always gave what i asked for, without hesitation

the door frame is tweaked as you can see at the top of the frame, no problem, the deer missed the i-beam, so looks like you will get a door skin, handle, window, possibly window regulator, door frame applique

very very unlikey the a-pillar is tweaked, or the b-pillar and or lock pillar, might be slightly tweaked and all i do is pull it with my morgan knocker readust the striker and all good

your car is black so no need to blend nothing, unless the 1/4 is damaged, and the fender is damaged, then the cost of removing parts and paint labor will up the estimate

so let the adustor come out do the estimate, this is more then you deductable, i would say around 2k to bad your not closer i would fix it no problem

opps i forgot to get the belt molding and mirror
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
Afugy
I poop alot

cavaliers60 are you trolling me? Did you guys read what I said or just look at the pictures?

I know whats wrong with the door, am not retarded, just want to know what it will cost to have a shop to fix it.

No deer jerky, it got away.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
dude make the claim read my post, this is close to 2k
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
Afugy
I poop alot

Thanks, I was typing that out when you posted
Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #13
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

no trolling... just trying to help
Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #14
Blktrax
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
^^^^^ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh^^^^^^
forgive him father for he doesnt not know what he speaks of

nationwide is a good company to deal with any and all adjustors i have delt with always gave what i asked for, without hesitation

Just curious what you've come across as seeing vehicles totaled, Rough guessing a 2002 GLS with 100k miles average condition NADA value is $3350. Isn't a total 70% of the value of the vehicle? Or does that vary state to state?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #15
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
The percentage of damage to cause a total varies by company.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #16
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
All things said, car + deer could have been 10 times worse than this. Looks like if it had been a few inches to either side it would have taken a fender or a quarter along with the door. I'm no expert, but if it's just the door I'd try to find a used one at a scrap yard, or if not go the route bdyman suggested.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote