Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 06-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #201
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
its a recall, nothing you did
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #202
CarlitosWay

I put in some new bulbs and my turn signals, and hazards work for now....

but some birds attacked my car with bird shit so I cant show any pics....thats what I get for paking under a tree....
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #203
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
I just joined the club! And I took the extra step to paint the bezels...unfortunately they came out horrible cause it's so HUMID here and I don't have anyplace indoors to paint. I'll have to redo that someday, but for now it looks ok unless you get right up on it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy
SIUlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 PM   #204
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good with black bezels.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #205
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Def. looks better now then when I left. Good job... next time it will be even better. Did you get everything else done?
Old 07-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #206
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
i really like the look of the clear corners......is it something that could be done really easily? i've never done anything like this before.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #207
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
Yes, it's really easy...I know it's a long thread, but I suggest you go through and read it all first...people have put up some really good pointers. I wish I had read it before I started....I would have used the freezer trick and probably saved myself an hour or so.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy
SIUlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #208
AleroGX04
V.I.P. Member

AleroGX04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to AleroGX04
I agree withSIUlero, this thread has become quite a help. Although in my case, i had no problem clearing the corners by following the instructions on the first page of this thread. Didnt need the freezer trick or anything. I got both done in a half hour, but i had a heat gun.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #209
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroGX04 View Post
I agree withSIUlero, this thread has become quite a help. Although in my case, i had no problem clearing the corners by following the instructions on the first page of this thread. Didnt need the freezer trick or anything. I got both done in a half hour, but i had a heat gun.

Heat guns are great! I used the oven though, works just fine.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #210
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I found this to be one of the easiest mods yet. Thanks for the info guys
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #211
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I found this to be one of the easiest mods yet. Thanks guys for the info!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:00 PM   #212
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
so the oven doesn't melt anything?? i just don't want to be doing this and end up having to buy 2 new headlights and cleaning melted plastic outta the oven...

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #213
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
I just put it in the oven for 10 minutes on like 120*. It gets hotter than that here in phoenix and doesn't mess anything else up so i didn't think it would eff up the headlights. Worked like a charm.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #214
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Piece of cake

I did mine summer of last year, and I used a heat gun from work its a lot easier to heat a section at a time and work your way around. After you get it apart the rest is a piece of cake. I didn't paint mine how ever, I just loved the chrome look with my rims and hoping to get some chrome trim for like the handles and b pilars and etc...
Old 07-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #215
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Its is a nice mod and so far its probably my favorite! And if you dont have a heat gunbut you have time a hair dryer works just as well.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #216
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
^ yea i just used a blowdryer. Even with just that it only took me about 7 hours to do both, thats including eating and screwing around on the net after 1 of them. I love the looks of clear corners lots better than stock.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #217
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
So now, The question is for me:

Once i take out the orange reflector, Is the Bulb Inside Clear or Amber?

I think Clearing the Corner and leaving just an Amber bulb would look fine.

So Am i going to need to buy bulbs to replace them with? Because I am going to need Amber Four Ways.

Since i'm here, If i wanted to replace my bulbs, Would i have to deal with all this Silicone Melting Bull?

One more thing.... Are the headlights of our cars Aimable? or do they just fit into the perfectly aimed position.

If they are aimable, Will clearing the corners and taking them out throw off said Aiming?
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #218
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadus101 View Post
So now, The question is for me:

Once i take out the orange reflector, Is the Bulb Inside Clear or Amber?

I think Clearing the Corner and leaving just an Amber bulb would look fine.

So Am i going to need to buy bulbs to replace them with? Because I am going to need Amber Four Ways.

Since i'm here, If i wanted to replace my bulbs, Would i have to deal with all this Silicone Melting Bull?

One more thing.... Are the headlights of our cars Aimable? or do they just fit into the perfectly aimed position.

If they are aimable, Will clearing the corners and taking them out throw off said Aiming?

first off yes the bulb still is amber and you should keep it like that unless you dont care if the cops stop you like I dont care and second get the 3157 silvestar bulbs to complete the look so you dont see amber unless you light it up and third no they are not aimable, last start the project and you'll see for yourself
Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #219
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
the signal blub is amber and the one behind the reflector is clear, if you look at the top of the headlight you will see a level (bubble in tube sort of deal) you can use a tool to aim your headlights if they are not proper

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:11 AM   #220
Ortz
GX Member

Ortz is an unknown quantity at this point
ok just did this tonight,4.5 hours for both.fingers are crossed. what about the marker light behind the reflector,i know its clear but do i have to get an amber one to replace it,or do i leave it clear?if i do replace it can you get one that does not appear amber when not lit like the signal one?
Ortz is offline   Reply With Quote