Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 03-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
ive always wanted this

a nissan skyline style hood. Attachment 10935

just a crappy photochop job. i know its not much but the vent in the hood of the skyline makes it look rather aggresive. and ive always wanted a car with a similar vent design. i almost did it to my supra but i never got the courage to cut up the hood and make my best efforts fiber glassing a vent in place. or welding (except i do not own a welder) bolting one in sounds like it would work best

anyone ever tried this? or any type of functional hood scoops? i dont mean the large rectangular scoop in the middle of the hood. i mean like the grand am SC/t style scoops. or the "ram air" fake ones. they look cool but i would enjoy a functional set up.

Discuss.

Last edited by 03gxeco : 08-09-2012 at 09:26 PM.
03gxeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
My cowl hood was functional as far as a heat extractor, so was my hood with the GTP scoops.

When I get sometime I am going to make the bubble functional as well.

Also the hood you speak of looks a lot like the RSM Grand Am hood.......

Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
which one? the sc/t hood? i was not aware any company made aftermarket sc/t hoods lol. leanr something new everyday.

i would love to get a good looking functional hood. making it myself just saves me money. neverdoneusa needs to hurry up so i can see his alero hood design. do you have a thread with a pic of the gtp scoops on it?

that photo of the grand am didnt show up until i refreshed the page, that is exactly what i mean. i just wish they made one for the alero. i think it looks good.

Last edited by 03gxeco : 03-01-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the gtp scooped hood. I no longer have this hood....

I have the Neverdone hood. I received their prototype hood. I love it! I did a full review here.....There are pics on page 1 and 3. I also have newer pics floating around randomly (hood still isn't painted)

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...t=33723&page=4
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
03gxeco
GL Member

how did you do the GTP scoops? is it a gtp hood or did you cut the scoops out and put them on the alero hood?

the neverdone hood looks good but needs venting in at the back of the bubble would looks great if it was painted too. on a side note, what kind of fenders is he working on?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

The scoops bolt on and off the GTP hood (they are EXPENSIVE from GM) I cut holes in the alero hood and bolted/glued them on.

The hood will get venting in the back of the bubble. He was working on some wider fiberglass fenders but I don't know if he will be continuing any more with the economy.

I have owned the majority of hoods available for the alero and the bubble hood is my favorite by far. (oem CF, 2 CF cowl hoods - one vented, one not, bubble hood, GTP hood)

Last edited by kwhauck : 03-01-2012 at 10:19 AM.
kwhauck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
03gxeco
GL Member

ahh.. well, i say he should keep up the good work and make a wider variety of parts for the alero. we need a good aftermarket for these cars.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I want a cowl hood with the back of the cowl cut for venting. If not I'd go v-fiber and make it functional. I really like that sc/t hood though.and you got any of those fs kwhauk?
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i like the grand am cutout

those gtp scoops were gross kyle haha
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
and you got any of those fs kwhauk?

Any of what for sale?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
^those hoods you said you've had
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

I still have the CF OEM hood, but I sold both of the CF Cowls, billy bought the last one I had. I sold the GTP hood to SouthDakotaAlero. I think it is still on the alero which is sister drives, and is now Gold. I made a thread on that.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
billy bought the last one I had.

Yeap One of my favorite purchases for this car. I will be making the cowl functional when i paint it. Gonna have a nice metal piece on there. Sides of the cowl left CF, the rest of it will match the car.

I agree with chris, those hold scoops you had were GROSS. Glad you got rid of them
Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
gay!
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote