Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Brakes\Steering

Hey people whats up I had a few questions that maybe I could get some help with. Yesterday I went to get my pads and rotors changed and come to find out that the one of the two pistons on the brakes was seized in the caliper, so I had to buy a new set and then found that the other side was the same way. If that wasn't enough come to find out that my shake is coming from the outer tie rod end I thing thats what it is. So my question is has any one had experience taking that off and replacing it? My father in law says that as long as I mark the threads then I should have to get it aligned. Need help...I don't know much about steering. Has anyone experienced the problem with those caliper pins...or I guess they are like plungers that slide in and out seizing up on them?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
CBLOHM3400
Trying To Help

CBLOHM3400 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to CBLOHM3400
another option that you can do is when you take the outer tie rod off (yes you called it right) when you get it broke lose with ball stud down (where the nut goes) count how many turns until it comes off that will get you really close

as far as the caliper pins autozone has brake caliper lube best is to get the old one out if they are damaged to bad replace them or you can use a wire brush to clean them up make them shinny and coat with high temp brake calpier grease take care not to get lube on pads or rotors
Old 01-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks man! Appreciate the help. I went to PepBoys today to complain about not having the pins replaced last year when thats what they charged me for. They said there was nothing they could do because they only have a 3month or 4k mile warranty on the labor, but I said that the labor was never done. So I had to go another step further and make a formal complaint at corporate headquarters. Waiting to see what they say. I think because of that they may have caused my other problems due to the shake that I have, but I only want a refund of the money that I paid for a job that wasn't done. ATTENTION EVERYONE NEVER GO TO PEPBOYS FOR ANY TYPE OF CAR WORK. So I guess I'm going to have to report these boys to the BBB, cause that is some shady shit.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
CBLOHM3400
Trying To Help

CBLOHM3400 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to CBLOHM3400
hope the best to you
Old 01-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Also, don't forget to make sure that the little rubber boots are on correctly. You don't want any water getting in there!

If you need any calipers or brackets, I still have my originals with only like 17,300 miles on them.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLOHM3400 View Post
hope the best to you
Thanks!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Also, don't forget to make sure that the little rubber boots are on correctly. You don't want any water getting in there!

If you need any calipers or brackets, I still have my originals with only like 17,300 miles on them.
I really apprciate that but I am buy new parts as I need them that way I don't have to worry about them at all. Thanks again though.