Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
KevinKII
GX Member

KevinKII is on a distinguished road
Front License Plate Bracket

I recently moved back to Ohio, and need to have a front license plate. I bought my car in PA and it did not come with a front bracket since it was not needed.

I am looking for the bracket and any items I may need to connect it to the bumper. I have found some OEM brackets on ebay, but I am not sure if there is anything else needed to attach. The bumper does have the little indents where the screws will go into.

So my questions are:

Do I need anything besides the bracket and screws?

What type of screws do I need?
KevinKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
If you have to ask what kind of screws then you may want to just take it to a local GM dealer and have them install it, most likely for free.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I bought mine at a Cadillac dealership that was next to the office I was working in at the time. They had it the next day and I think it was around $15-$20. I used some stainless steel wood screws (and washers?) to install it to the car) and some M6-1.0 (also with washers) bolts to connect the plate to the mount. I may have used my M6 tap on the plastic before putting in the bolts.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
The bracket came with pop rivets, but yeah I would just go to the dealership.

You can use screws, but the pop rivets hold better IMHO

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
DUDE....just line the plate up nice....get something sharp to make some marks in the bumper so you know where to screw.....line it up, poke a hole in the middle of the top holes on the plate, put plate on ground, go get a drill with a bit that is a little thinner than the screw...make two holes....put plate up to bumper, screw screws/bolts in. DONE. No need for the ugly bracket...
Old 06-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
My bracket was screwed on, and I took it off...If I can find it and you really want it I will give it to you for shipping
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Just risk driving around without it, it looks better that way.....
Old 06-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
The bracket came with pop rivets, but yeah I would just go to the dealership.

The one I got from the dealer did not have that. Ye, the ones from the junkyard had them, and I broke plenty of them trying to get one off.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
KevinKII
GX Member

KevinKII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
My bracket was screwed on, and I took it off...If I can find it and you really want it I will give it to you for shipping

Sounds good. Let me know if you find it. I'll send you PM as well.
KevinKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Just risk driving around without it, it looks better that way.....

This....

Isn't Ohio one of those states that require it but a good majority don't comply with it and keep it on the windshield?

Do that!
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote