Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #21
itsbmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
**shakes head**

that is what i was thinking. I think the 10 dollars for a harness is worth it :\
Old 11-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #22
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Especially when you go to sell it and cant put the factory radio back in.

When you go to sell a car people back away fairly quick if the stock radio isnt in it.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #23
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Especially when you go to sell it and cant put the factory radio back in.

When you go to sell a car people back away fairly quick if the stock radio isnt in it.
Especially when the aftermarket radio doesn't work either.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #24
ryanthefizz
GL Member

ryanthefizz is an unknown quantity at this point
The car isn't going to be sold, it is mine tell it dies for good. I cut the wire harness out because with the new speaker wires run to it the area behind the deck was getting mighty cramped and I have no plans on ever using the stock wiring again. Also, cutting out the harness and splicing right to the deck eliminates a set of splices which I generally consider to be a good thing. Also, my Alero is a salvage and didn't come with a stereo, so I won't ever be swapping in a stock one.

Last edited by ryanthefizz : 11-22-2008 at 07:48 PM.
ryanthefizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #25
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
so... connect that yellow yet?

i'm eager to see if thats the easy fix...
Old 11-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #26
itsbmw

Of course it is

Can anyone tell me how to replace the speakers in my Doors? I can run all new speaker wire if it is required(I have the monsoon system) :'(.
Like how to do I get to the speakers behind the doors. I know how to do the 6x9s. And yes I will be using an amp not the HU to power them.
Yes I am hijacking your thread.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:39 PM   #27
ryanthefizz
GL Member

ryanthefizz is an unknown quantity at this point
ya, when i cut the wire harness out I just put wire nuts on the wires, taped it up and stuck it next to the glove box. So I dug that out, spliced to the correct wire and it works great. However, my tang band speaker came today and I was an idiot and didn't realize that each speaker is sold individually because they are technically a woofer, oh well, get to make sure it fits and sounds decent before I buy another one. one other question, when I turn my car off my 4x6's produce a series of beeps, is that a normal Polk thing or they telling me something?

to get the door panel off you pop out the reflector on the door and a plastic piece behind the handle and remove the screws behind them. then take a flat head screw driver, I start from bottom left, and pop out the tension bracket things all the way around the door panel. to detach it from the window sill just lift up, you will also have to disconnect the connects for door locks and windows and stuff, just use the screw driver to push in the clips and then pull the wire plugs out. If you plan on using an amp for your tweeters and 4x6s you should be able to splice into the wires that run from your monsoon amp to your speakers. You can dig around for a wire guide and when you have the panels off just look at the wire colors.

Last edited by ryanthefizz : 11-23-2008 at 08:46 PM.
ryanthefizz is offline   Reply With Quote