Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 10-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
I'm thinking about getting a warm air intake for my car. i would get a cold air, but i'm not racing anytime soon, and also live in western ny where water would definitely be a problem.

but my question is what are the differences between the :

RSM Wai @ $150

Doctor Speed stage 1 Wai @ $60

and

Doctor Speed stage 2 Wai @ $119.95

obvious prices are different but what are the statistical difference???
Old 10-22-2004, 05:18 PM   #2
z3pr

Quote:
Originally posted by cherrington17@Oct 22 2004, 03:08 PM
I'm thinking about getting a warm air intake for my car. i would get a cold air, but i'm not racing anytime soon, and also live in western ny where water would definitely be a problem.

RSM Wai @ $150

and

Cold air intake system isn't just for racing. Anytime you can get your engine too breath better, not only will you increase preformance, but you'll also increase you mpg's.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
yeah, but cold air intakes fill fubar your engine with the weather we have around here. salt and water o' plenty 6-8 months of the year...
Old 10-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #4
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Everyone has opinions on which is better... but IMO a WAI is probably a little safer and more effective for an every day car. A few people have sucked up water with a CAI setup after driving into a flooded road. The difference in gains is not that much. both are better than stock. I sell a WAI setup also if you're interested....

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

how much, and is it any different from the others?
Old 10-23-2004, 05:17 PM   #6
flalero

Both are going to have pretty good differences if performance over stock. I had a WAI before I went to CAI, and noticed a little bit more performance on the top end over the WAI. As far as which is a better WAI, I don't know. Try to get one that will replace all of the stock intake piping, this will make more better airflow. As far as being worried about getting water into the CAI, I wouldn't worry. I live in Florida and I know we get a lot of rain. I've never had a problem with getting water in the motor.
Old 10-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #7
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally posted by cherrington17@Oct 23 2004, 05:00 PM
~$45 is the cost for the WAI. My setup has a short pipe with a bend to point the filter in the spot where the old air box used to be. Its simple and efficient. It has a coupler between the TB and MAF that replaces the stock rippled tube in there. It also has a coupler between the MAF and the tube. It replaces all the stock intake stuff.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:45 PM   #8
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by z3pr+Oct 22 2004, 09:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (z3pr @ Oct 22 2004, 09:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cherrington17@Oct 22 2004, 03:08 PM

RSM Wai @ $150

and

Cold air intake system isn't just for racing. Anytime you can get your engine too breath better, not only will you increase preformance, but you'll also increase you mpg's. [/b][/quote]
the colder the AIR the more fuel is added to increase performance because of the density of the air.

both CAI and WAI improve over stock, but wai will get better mpg.

i had CAI before my WAI, and i sucked up some water. also somewhere between a k&n drop in, and CAI, my MAF fried, but i'm not going to blame it on the CAI.

as far as sound/performance i didnt really notice any difference between CAI and WAI.

i'd also like to note that my WAI is made from the CAI i got from naich, and i'd reccomend his products to anyone.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:39 PM   #9
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by Naich+Oct 23 2004, 05:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Naich @ Oct 23 2004, 05:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cherrington17@Oct 23 2004, 05:00 PM
~$45 is the cost for the WAI. My setup has a short pipe with a bend to point the filter in the spot where the old air box used to be. Its simple and efficient. It has a coupler between the TB and MAF that replaces the stock rippled tube in there. It also has a coupler between the MAF and the tube. It replaces all the stock intake stuff. [/b][/quote]
are these available yet? cause you told me you were on hold for a few weeks or something like that
Old 10-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #10
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
i just bought all the supplies to make my own CAI but i havnt installed it yet, i got the idea for building your own from anderbra and i hope it works really well... all the parts except the main air tube were all civic CAI parts and so it should work really well, but lucky me i dont have to worry about getting water in the intake cause im from illinois :thumbsup: