Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 09-30-2004, 11:46 PM   #1
ministry666

Well, I had little or no money to upgrade since Ive had the car from 2 summers ago. Its a 2000 alero of course, but I am really hating the color. It was the only decently priced used car that had good miles on it; only 30,000. Ive let it go for the monitary reason; but my moms gunna get it fixed up. Ive had to replace a few things, not a real horror story but...

I am getting a new windshield because of a crack thats been there since the second week ive had it. Lights need to be fixed. Stereo is getting gutted. I have help with the stereo, but not with much else. I don't know anything about cars and need some help to rescue this car. It runs fine it just isnt looking like I want it.

I dont have a digcam right now so Ill just describe it. Its the 2000 model 4 door sedan (gx I think) v6. The only thing that I really hate is the color. Its this sometimes brown\sometimes copper\sometimes almost purple looking(at night)

Whats the best way to go about tricking this thing out to save face

The vinyl on the dash by the bottom of the windshield is wrinkling bad.
The turn signals dont work most of the time.
Theres a foot long crack in my windshield.
I dont know what to do about the dash stuff, but the other stuff is getting repaired soon.

Any advice would be really apriciated :unsure: thanks
Old 09-30-2004, 11:55 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally posted by ministry666@Sep 30 2004, 11:46 PM
Whats the best way to go about tricking this thing out to save face
go buy a good insurance policy and then about a week or two later, wrap your car around a telephone pole. then use the money as a down payment on a new car. :thumbsup:

btw, welcome to the site

one more thing, if you arent posting pics of your car, please dont post in this section.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:03 AM   #3
Spook

welcome to the boards.
and as far as the car goes, it all depends on how much money your willing to put into it.
some quick cheap apperance mods are clearing the headlights, and pinstriping the tails. After that things get a little more pricey, tinted windows, lowering springs, rims, bodykit etc.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:11 AM   #4
ministry666

Well whats the best looking, worth it for the price? Im looking for the best value for the money etc...
Old 10-01-2004, 12:15 AM   #5
Spook

well, clearing the corners is free, just takes time. Pinstriping the tails is cheap, then most guys on here would tell you to slam the bish
Old 10-01-2004, 01:04 AM   #6
1WhiteOSV

Clear Corners= FREEBIE (plus about 2-3 hours of your time)

Painted Headlight Bezel= $3-7 for a can of spray paint (if you're gonna do this..do it at
the same time you do your clear corners!)

Custom Tail Lights= $12-24 (1 or 2 cans) of VHT Nite-Shades spray tint off Jegs.com

Tinted Windows= approx $75-150 (depending on how many windows you have tinted)

Wheels= anywhere from approx. $750+ depending on what you want..for cheap,
but good wheels/tires go to wheelmax.com

Suspension= about $400-700 for springs/struts/install (about 2" drop)

Exhaust= about $250 if you do a custom job at a local shop...about $350-400 for a
SLP cat-back setup(recommended..even though I went w/ custom job lol)

Body Kit= about $650 for Razzi kit...about $800 for Andy's Auto Sport kit..and about
$1500+ for the Forbidden Kit (search threads for info about this kit)

HOPE THIS HELPED!!! IF YOU DO ALL OF THESE..YOUR ALERO WILL TOTALLY BE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER, BUT EVEN JUST A FEW WILL MAKE A NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE...IT'S YOUR CAR, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH IT MAN! KEEP US POSTED THOUGH! :thumbsup:

-Adam-
Old 10-01-2004, 02:06 AM   #7
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
^^ yeah what he said.........
Old 10-01-2004, 03:51 AM   #8
flalero

Your insurance should pay for your cracked windshield, so that should be very little cost to you. Your faulty turn signals are a result of short in the emergency flashers. There was recall on this, so take it into a dealer to get it fixed, price to you, free. As far as the color, that is my second favorite color on the N-Body. I believe that is Auburmist (somebody correct me if I am wrong), don't change it.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:35 AM   #9
ministry666

well Ill get a pic if I can. Thanks for the recall info . I guess im just a little insecure about the color because the only other people Ive seen driving same car/color were middle aged african american women. Theres nothing wrong with that in and of it self, but thats not what I want to apear to be .

Id rather be this ----> <----

I was looking at the upgrades page and thought maybe changing the dash and stuff would be nice. To a wood or graphite color etc.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #10
1WhiteOSV

what color is your dash?...do you have the tan leather interior or the gray/tan vinyl interior? If you have the tan..go w/ woodgrain if you have the gray go with carbon fiber..IMO

adam
Old 10-02-2004, 08:27 AM   #11
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Oct 1 2004, 02:40 PM
what color is your dash?...do you have the tan leather interior or the gray/tan vinyl interior? If you have the tan..go w/ woodgrain if you have the gray go with carbon fiber..IMO

adam
or you can rip everything apart and make up your own color scheme....but this requires not using the car for a bout a week or so...and LOTS of patience...but i'm sure lots of guys will say i did a good job, although they don't like my color scheme...which is fine by me, cuz i still like it....

and like adam stated,those are the more popular mods

get some pics :thumbsup:
Old 10-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I'm having the same problem with the dash You have two options

1 go to a vinal shop and have them restrech and glue it back or

2 Go this route and be a 70's I don't know what I'm doing yet

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:57 PM   #13
ministry666

Well, my battery died. So I went and got a real good one. Optima yellowtop 34/78. I was told this would be excellent for its deep cycle abilities and its high cold crank amperage. The first time I put it in it took a while to start. Second time not as much. By the fourth time after Id let the engine idle a bit then turn off. It started much faster than the old one as I remember. Only about 3 clicks. So its got side gm terminals and top terminals for accesories? Stereo stuff right ?

http://optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/...ical_specs.html

I dont know my alternator voltage rating but I doubt its a problem. Anyone who knows about this stuff plz comment on if I did ok with the purchase. Expensive freaking battery :\
Old 10-04-2004, 06:00 PM   #14
ministry666

Oh and I need to find a better battery tray for it. Its a little to big for the battery thats in now. Where could I find one that will fit in the alero? The battery is secure as it is, but it may slip out a bit if I really had to slam on the breaks.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:40 AM   #15
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the site. Maybe a junkyard will have what you are looking for?
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote