Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 09-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #21
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Ouch...you really put yourself behind my friend. Ion is in the process of helping me re-tune my PCM with an HP Tuner and is a vast source of all things Alero.

Some life advice: anytime you show up to a new group be a little humble until you know your way around.

Purpose of the 1-2-3 gears is for towing correct? i always found them being limited to be handy when going up snowy and icy roads to keep from up-shifting and slipping. Just my experience though. And does shifting into neutral to coast help reduce energy and gas use? Random thoughts.

No unless your vehicle is carberated(very bad spelling error i know) least that's what i read in an article a few years back cause I used to wonder the same thing. If i can find it i'll post the link.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #22
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
I have always shifted into neutral when slowing down in rain or snow with anything its just a habit i got into when i was working doing snow removal and put a brand new truck in the ditch cause there was still power to the tires and hit a patch of ice but that was ice i still shift to neutral it cuts some of the speed

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #23
lord2heart
GL Member

lord2heart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lord2heart Send a message via MSN to lord2heart Send a message via Yahoo to lord2heart
^ the last part of that was kind hard to understand lol
lord2heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I think either Top Gear or Mythbusters tested the neutral coastdown and concluded that it was better to leave it in gear on an automatic. Dunno.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #25
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
yeah idk either i was just typing away and didn't look at it

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan

Last edited by Alerojester : 09-28-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote