Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #1
ppratt

OK here's the deal I just replaced my lower intake gasket (OUCH). Well my mechanic did, not me. Well everything went OK for a couple of days. Then the car started missing at high rpm's. The car could of had this problem right after I got the car back, but we were having a snow storm. If you live in PA you know all about the snow we just got. Well as soon as the weather got better, I got on my car a little and WHAM it started missing. I took it back to the machanic and had him go over everything. we both thought it was a fluke and it was a bad fuel filter, well he changed it out because it was restricted. I was all smiles cuz I thought the problem was fix. Guess what? I was wrong. The compression on the cylinders are 160lbs. He said that he did put motocraft plugs in it instead of the AC plugs. I need some help. so what do you guys think. I don't have a check engine light on, so I can't put a computer on it could right? So put your thinking caps on and get back to me ASAP, I have work on monday. The car runs fine at normal speeds and idles great better than it has in a long time. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!!! .
Old 03-05-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
bigd6983

could definately be the plugs......i know our cars are sorta tempormental(sp?) with what plugs you use.......the fact that it idles fine and at lower speeds you dont see any problems points me to thinking its that....

compression is ok, and you are not throwing any codes......i would definately try a different set of plugs, do a search and you will find out which ones everyone prefers.....

other than that no idea.....
Old 03-05-2005, 07:32 PM   #3
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Just save yourself any doubt and put in the OE plugs. 40-940 I believe (correct me if I am wrong) Gapped to .60 (again, correct me if wrong)
Old 03-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah it's the plugs, they are misfiring.

Most likey it is the #4 plug. That one was the worst on mine and I had the same problem

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Mar 5 2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah it's the plugs, they are misfiring.

Most likey it is the #4 plug. That one was the worst on mine and I had the same problem
i think its #2
Old 03-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #6
ppratt

I want to thank all you guys that posted. I found some time over the weekend and replaced my plugs with AC plugs and that did the trick. I would have loved to replace one at a time to find out wich one was the problem but time was a problem so replaced all of them and my miss is gone.