Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
coolgrinder33
GX Member

coolgrinder33 is on a distinguished road
just had possibly a great idea

i just had an idea...but as i think more and more about it...it seems more destyn to fail haha.ok its kinda complicated so go with me on this.
i was thinking of molding on a hood scoop...but insted of molding it to the actual hood, what would happen if someone molded it to a decal (possibly a big stripe covering the little bump things on our hoods)That way if it looked like crap you could just take off the decal(along with the scoop)whenever you wanted. It sounds a little ludicris...but i wonder if it would work.i think the main problem would be finding something that would atually stick to the scoop and the decal
haha what do you think?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
deathwish666
GL Member

deathwish666 is on a distinguished road
i think it screams ricer....
coming soon: some led's, better subs
Old 11-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
undecided02
GX Member

undecided02 is on a distinguished road
do you mean applying the decal and then molding the scoop to it? If so I would say use a clear vinyl adhesive otherwise it will look kinda off. I dunno personally I would just mold it to the hood, less complicated.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like you are trying to make a stick on hood scoop to me.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
coolgrinder33
GX Member

coolgrinder33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided02 View Post
do you mean applying the decal and then molding the scoop to it? If so I would say use a clear vinyl adhesive otherwise it will look kinda off. I dunno personally I would just mold it to the hood, less complicated.
yeah thats pretty much what im talking about.
would it mold correctly?i would be afraid it wouldnt stay.
the thing is...if something goes wrong...you just have a messed up sticker instred of a messed up hood.with my last viehicle, my scoop was molded to my hood, and i hit a bird and it ended up cracking my scoop and i had to take it off...my hood was pretty much ruined after that lol
i know it sounds wierd, but just be open minded...would this be a good desision?what would be the best and worst case senerio
also,i dont want a "stick on hood scoop",i dont want the seam

Last edited by coolgrinder33 : 11-02-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
so let me get this straight you want to apply vynil first and then mold a sccop to your hood right???
so then tell how is it going to work??, how are you g oing to get anything to stick??? remember plastic doesnt mold to metal, and i dont want to see that it does becasue it doesnt
this has to be the dumbest idea i have seen on here in yrs
Old 11-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
troyertrain
GLS member

troyertrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to troyertrain Send a message via MSN to troyertrain
yeah, ummm, molding a plastic POS fake hood scoop on thin ass vinyl, i don't see a problem... i mean, if you want a fake scoop on there, then just buy one and stick it on, it will look stupid whatever you do with it...
Old 11-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
No! No! No!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #9
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
and award for biggest epic fail of the year in automotive body work goes to...
Old 11-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #11
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
People, you must remember. ANYTHING that bdyman hasn't thought of first, or has yet to do is absolutely no good to get done to your vehicle. Remember, he is not only the GOD of autobody, but according to the Constitution of the United States of AMerica, ANY and ALL body modifications done to an Alero MUST be approved by him first. Unless of course you are just trying to remove a small dent with an inverted can of canned air duster.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #12
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
People, you must remember. ANYTHING that bdyman hasn't thought of first, or has yet to do is absolutely no good to get done to your vehicle. Remember, he is not only the GOD of autobody, but according to the Constitution of the United States of AMerica, ANY and ALL body modifications done to an Alero MUST be approved by him first. Unless of course you are just trying to remove a small dent with an inverted can of canned air duster.

i use dry ice
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #13
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgrinder33 View Post
i just had an idea...but as i think more and more about it...it seems more destyn to fail haha.ok its kinda complicated so go with me on this.
i was thinking of molding on a hood scoop...but insted of molding it to the actual hood, what would happen if someone molded it to a decal (possibly a big stripe covering the little bump things on our hoods)That way if it looked like crap you could just take off the decal(along with the scoop)whenever you wanted. It sounds a little ludicris...but i wonder if it would work.i think the main problem would be finding something that would atually stick to the scoop and the decal
haha what do you think?

I dont have anything realy to say about this other than, wtf were you thinking. But I dont blame you, its a common confusion of sorts on if you have to get your head out of your ass or not when making a decion that could lead to a major eff up of sorts. but I dont blame you, I blame society,
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #14
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

wow, IAM THE ONLY REAL BODY FENDER TECH ON THIS SITE how many effin times do i need to say this
what this guys wants to do is beyond normal reality wont work ,sounds so stupid, and i really really would love for you to come be my apprentice for a week, i really do, i would send you home to momma cryin like a bitch, "momma sniff sniff, the polak broke me sniff sniff"

to orignial poster dude it wont work, what you see on tv or the movies is just that, take it from a PRO it wont work
Old 11-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #15
circeansleeper
GL Member

circeansleeper is on a distinguished road
Am I the only sentimental one? I agree the idea is nutzo....but it's "crazy" minds like this that create some pretty cool stuff (bendable straw, effing genius) He threw the idea out there because he was seeking some sort of feed back. At least he didn't already proceed with the idea, then bombing would have to occur.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #16
shez
GX Member

shez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shez
Yeah, but WHERE was it posted?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:

ROFL! kilroy just won himself some internet points. +500 dude. excellent.

i'll agree. while not functional, or realistic, its an interesting concept, and prototyping comes from somewhere. Keep the ideas rolling, eventually you'll find yourself making millions.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #18
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
it wouldn't be a functional scoop, but yes, it could be done, probably not with vinyl.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #19
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
bdyman is a polak? how can he even find his way around a car
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad99Olds View Post
bdyman is a polak? how can he even find his way around a car

he was originally taught, by someone who was horribly dyslexic.... so it made complete sense to him.
Closed Thread