Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-13-2003, 01:50 PM   #1
supvnman

i have NOS 05120 dry nitrous system. its just a basic system that shoots n2o into the throttle body. i'm puttin it on the 3.4. it's a 70hp shot.

has anyone ever put n2o on the 3.4?

what r some recommended mods for nitrous? (incresed fuel? trouble spots?)

whats a good adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the 3.4?

i also need some ideas on a cool place for the purge.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
Final-Reality

I believe it is skiboarder_311 that has a nitrous kit, but he has a wet kit..
Old 12-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #3
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
a lot of people have nitrous kits with the 3400... a lot of GA guys especially. I want to get a wet kit eventually.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 05:39 PM   #4
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Skiboarder311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Skiboarder311
Ur kinda right

My first NOS kit was the same kit u have, but i was only sprayin 50 shot.

It was pretty fun, and that kit treated me good, but i wanted to spray alot more and thats not safe with a dry kit. SO i sold it and bought a wet kit.

I didn't have any major problems with my dry kit. I only used it for about 2 bottles worth, b4 i decided that i needed more though.

The only major thing that happened, was that the beefed up fuel pressure through the stock injectors caused my #1 injector to get "tired" and not work sometimes after i'd make runs. U have to remember that that stock injectors are made to take 45 psi and not made to exceed 60psi, Nos dry kits bump it up to 65psi while ur sprayin. So what would happen is my car would misfire everyonceina while for a few days after i would go to the track (cuz at the track i would use it alot ina short amount of time)

But my car also has about 80,000 miles on it now and i was expecting my injectors to go bad anyway.

a few things that u need to get with a dry kit though. u HAVE TO INSTALL THE FUEL PRESSURE SAFETY SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most people don't wanna take the time to do it, but that is one thing that can save ur car.

Also u shood get some gauge pods, with a fuel pressure gauge and an a/f gauge. that way u know if ur fuel pressure drops or if u start to run lean.

If u have any other questions, feel free to ask. over the past 6 months i have learned a TON about nitrous and can answer juz about any question u would have
Old 12-13-2003, 05:41 PM   #5
Skiboarder311
GLS member

also u can see my pic in my signature to see where i was purgin from.

its not that hard
Old 12-13-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
Insane75

this may sound dumb but what is the difference between a wet kit and a dry kit?
Old 12-13-2003, 07:39 PM   #7
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
i believe a dry kit means the nos is shot right into the chamber, where in the wet kit the nos is mixed withthe gas first then shot into the chamber.

correct me if im wrong.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:41 PM   #8
dopey

dry kits just spray the nitrous into the the air entering ur engine via a jet that is inserted pre or post mass air flow sensor.

with a wet it............. it combines fuel into the mixture as well. its just a safer method and alows u to run bigger shots of nitrous.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:42 PM   #9
Insane75

thank you King and Sweet......now I know
Old 12-14-2003, 08:26 AM   #10
supvnman

skiboarder311, can you give me more info on that fuel pressure safety switch?
Old 12-14-2003, 10:02 AM   #11
sc/alero

io had ni2o on my 3.4 before i went with a supercharger and it was a dry system this is what happened to mine. keep in mind n2o is very very demanding on the engine and if not everything is correct well.... you see the end result. my kit was also a dry kit. go with the wet kit if possible it addds the extra needed fuel
Old 12-14-2003, 02:38 PM   #12
Final-Reality

I see nothing wrong with that piston. h34r:
Old 12-15-2003, 09:32 AM   #13
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
LMAO...do you have any slips man?
Old 12-15-2003, 03:02 PM   #14
supvnman

sc/alero, how big of a dry shot did u use for that to happen? How much did u use it? did u do anything to get more fuel into the engine? n2o is still new to me. How would a wet kit hook up? is it really that much safer or is just b/c many people who use dry kits don't take the time to bump up their fuel intake?
Old 12-15-2003, 11:36 PM   #15
sc/alero

that was with a 55shot of n2o. i did everything i could to raise the fuel. i put in the adjustiable regulator which ran 75lbs at wot, i installed bigger injectors as well. the wet systems in my opion are much better becuase they add fuel throught the same nozzel as the n2o and contiue to add as long at the switch is pushed so where the natural system stops there is always going to be just that little more that you may need.
with that set up i was able to run 15.2 at 5280 feet. i am not saying it can't be done but please make sure you have everything lined up and good reradings from your sensors before you go all out and blow the motor as i did
Old 12-16-2003, 06:02 PM   #16
Skiboarder311
GLS member

I know that when sc/alero posts about his misfortunes with nitrous, it scares alotta u peeps.

But there are WAY more people who use nitrous and have no problems than there are people who blow they're poop up.

Main thing with nitrous is just to be on toppa poop and know ur car in and out.

and to answer the question about the fuel switch. Its a switch that u install on teh end of ur fuel rail that moniters ur fuel pressure, and if when using nos, ur fuel pressure drops below a safe level it will shut down the flow of nitrous b4 it blows ur engine up
Old 12-16-2003, 09:36 PM   #17
sc/alero

i am not trying to scare anyone i am just simple showing what the possibilities are and what can happen.

i agree with ski if you know your car inside and out and have everything installed right or all the safety componets installed you should not have problems.

the biggest thing that has to be monitered is your fuel are you getting enough or not. if you use it alot check the plug often they will always tell you whats going on. you never want to go lean hince the wet system.

trust me i am not trying to scare anyone just a little FYI thats all. nitrous is and can be fun as hell but sometimes thing bad happen
Old 12-16-2003, 09:58 PM   #18
speedy

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Prod...SNS/NOSzle.html

The above kit rocks. I have had no problems with it what so ever. Mind you I am not running a stock motor.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:30 PM   #19
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Hey speedy, hwo the hell did u get that kit to work on ur car??

that was the kit i was gonna buy, but i couldn't figure out how to get it to work since our fuel rail is under the UIM??

Did u fabricate some spacer plates or what???

Lemme know asap dood, cuz if its easier than i thought it would be, i'm gonna get ridda my new wet kit and go with the nozzle
Old 12-17-2003, 12:58 PM   #20
speedy

Quote:
Originally posted by Skiboarder311@Dec 17 2003, 05:30 PM
Hey speedy, hwo the hell did u get that kit to work on ur car??

that was the kit i was gonna buy, but i couldn't figure out how to get it to work since our fuel rail is under the UIM??

Did u fabricate some spacer plates or what???

Lemme know asap dood, cuz if its easier than i thought it would be, i'm gonna get ridda my new wet kit and go with the nozzle
For the most part I am a Visa Mechanic so I did not do the install myself. But yes, there was a lot of custom fab work done and a lot of issues to deal with.