Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 01-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #21
Johnnyangel

No, I can't- the Xbox and/or PS2 are in the trunk, and the remote doesn't work from the driver's seat. The PS2 lets you use your regular gamepad controller to operate the DVD function, but XBox requires the remote. I HAVE the remotes for both systems, but they will not work through my rear seats and into the trunk. The only way to use the remote for the PS2 is to use an extension to mount the sensor under the dash, but for now I'm just using the controller.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:30 AM   #22
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
well that sucks

i didn't realize the xbox remote sensor was such crap heh

guess it would have to be the ps2 then =p

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #23
Johnnyangel

actualy, the sensor works better than the one for the PS2, but it still won't work through a seat. I ought to just get a busted Xbox and pirate the controller port out of it and hardwire it to an extension, but I'm... what's the word? Ah, yes, LAZY. :P
Old 01-19-2004, 08:21 PM   #24
Hobbes

The real problem is that the damn controllers don't have a reset button, I boughten three different kinds for the PS2, you always have to get up and out and into the trunk and all the way back to push that little button....

That's why I moved mine upfront, I had to! I've even called Sony about it!
Old 01-20-2004, 12:45 PM   #25
Pellinore
GX Member

Pellinore is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats the good thing about the xbox u can reset it and turn it off with out have to go up to it. There is also a way to hook up a switch that u can remotely turn it on. For the PS2 u can always try and put it in the glove compartment. Just take it apart and make something that will hold in position, u don't need the cover. Also you could re wire (make them longer)the dvd drive and mount it under your stereo and that way u could just change the disc there, add the reset button and even put the controller ports there.
The only problem with a PS2 in the car is that it does not like bumps, when your playing movies the will skip and get all messed up. I havent' had a problems with games because they usually are not reading the disc all the time.
Pellinore is offline   Reply With Quote