Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-22-2004, 11:09 AM   #1
guysohigh

I recently got subs in my car, but now the amp that powers my 6x9's won't do anything. My deck only has 1 preout, so I got some y connectors and split the signal. I have 2 2 channel amps, so each is getting the same signal. My subs work fine with either slpitter, but my 6x9's won't work with either. the power light on the amp comes on, i've checked my speakers they worked fine without the amp, so is my amp just dead, or am i missing something. I've got a distribution block in my trunk, and both amps are grounded to seperate bolts behind the seat hinge. Help, i've got all bass, and no highs in the back
Old 02-22-2004, 04:26 PM   #2
Purple&Black

Did you change anything about 6x9's and the amp that they're running off of? Doesn't sound like you did, but there may be a problem with the load on the amp.

It's not the ground...if it was, it wouldn't power up.

More info would be helpful to pinpoint the problem... If you tell us what model speakers and amp, we can rule out the impedance problem...
Old 02-22-2004, 04:44 PM   #3
AleroRyda

Did you check if the gain is not turned all the way down?
Old 02-22-2004, 05:36 PM   #4
guysohigh

The 6x9's are Infinity reference 6953i, and the amp is a Kenwood KAC-5201, the subs are infinity reference 12s the amp is a JBL BP600.1 the subs are working fine, but whatz goin on???