Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
HotRod11686
GX Member

HotRod11686 is an unknown quantity at this point
AC/Heater Blower Question

Ok so out of no where my 1st and 2nd speed settings for the AC/Heater blower have stopped working. The rest are still fully functional. At first I thought it maybe the control unit because my rear defogger also stopped working as well as the outside air climate control button.

The first thing I checked were the fuses. All of them are in good working order, no problem there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
You need to buy a new blower motor resistor. go to autozone and get it.
by the way, you can use the search button too. haha, but its ok dude. I usually do a search when i have a problem with my car to see if it was talked about, then if i dont find anything i just start a new thread.

have fun changing it out, its under the passenger side dash. behind the blower motor......
Old 03-15-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
WarrenBlack
GX Member

WarrenBlack is on a distinguished road
Blower motor resistor card

Ive gone through about 4 of these things and I found Napa to actually be the cheapest for them. They are kind of a pain to get at since they are so crammed up behind the glove box and firewall area. You have to lay on your back on the passenger floor to get the right approach at it. After doing this two times in the same winter I decided to figure out how to prevent it and heres the McGyver fix. Take off the plastic piece thats under the windshield wipers so you can see where the air intake for your blower is. Cut off the bottom of an empty plastic milk jug. Put the milk jug piece over the intake of blower so its acting like an umbrella. A Chevy tech (neighbor) actually helped me do this redneck engineering and ive had several winters with no problems now, at least not with the blower. I do have problems with the rear defrost and bad gas mileage/hard start issue im working on.
WarrenBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #4
NeonStatus
GX Member

NeonStatus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenBlack View Post
Ive gone through about 4 of these things and I found Napa to actually be the cheapest for them. They are kind of a pain to get at since they are so crammed up behind the glove box and firewall area. You have to lay on your back on the passenger floor to get the right approach at it. After doing this two times in the same winter I decided to figure out how to prevent it and heres the McGyver fix. Take off the plastic piece thats under the windshield wipers so you can see where the air intake for your blower is. Cut off the bottom of an empty plastic milk jug. Put the milk jug piece over the intake of blower so its acting like an umbrella. A Chevy tech (neighbor) actually helped me do this redneck engineering and ive had several winters with no problems now, at least not with the blower. I do have problems with the rear defrost and bad gas mileage/hard start issue im working on.

I don't want to have to replace that part more than once. I am going use your "umbrella" idea.
NeonStatus is offline   Reply With Quote