Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
Tomahwk
GX Member

Tomahwk is on a distinguished road
Some audio issues

Well, when I bought my car it had 2 620 watt amps in the rear, with a 12" sub, and the bass way overpowers the treble, so I checked to see if I could hear the people singing when I turned the balance to the rear, and it was a no. So then I tried the left, and it was a no again. So do I need need speakers in the rear, and on the passenger side? If so could someone offer me some good ideas on the kind of speakers.
Tomahwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
what do the two amps power? one does the sub, the other does the rear speakers??

and if your treble is way off, then i'd invest in a good pair of fronts. don't worry about the backs, regardless of what you do, that sub will drown those out pretty good.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I think aftermarket amps are usually set up as rear with the stereo. So if you move all the balance to the rear, it will sound the same. The only thing you can probably do in your situation is lower the gain control on the bass amp. Have you tried that?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

Ian 2000GL LA1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ian 2000GL LA1
idk how the two amps are wired, is it stock 6x9's and two amps "strapped" to one sub. with the same settings, one on each coil of the sub, if its like the other guys think with one on the sub and the other on the speakers, try checking the filter on it, for speakers it should be set to all, or full pass, or high pass only. if you set it on full pass i'de recommend toying with the gain until you hear the right sound, just don't blow the speakers if they aren't already. and you might want to got to a remote location if you live in town so you don't piss the neighbors off. lol it happens.