Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
itsbmw

Parts needed for Alarm installation

Last edited by itsbmw : 01-04-2023 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
If you are pretty good with wiring and following directions shouldn't be to hard I really don't know your background. You will most likely just need a buch of relays...which aren't cheap. Maybe some diodes. and a good wiring diagram for your year make and model car. A bad diagram will eff you in a heart beat. Other then that follow the directions and you should be good to go. Make sure all of your connections are soldered no short cuts.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Fi-Alero is on a distinguished road
For the scytek, you will only need a relay for popping the trunk and/or making the horn honk when the alarm goes off. The siren that comes with it is plenty loud for me.

You will need a few resistors, and some diodes. Those can be acquired pretty cheap at your local radio shack.

http://www.directwholesale.net/diagr...ms.asp?link=DW
I used this site for my wiring diagrams. There also are a few others on the internet.
Fi-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
itsbmw

Old 12-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i used that wiring diagram to do mine

i want mine to pop the trunk but i was too lazy at the time to figure out how to wire it up
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
itsbmw

Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #7
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Fi-Alero is on a distinguished road
You don't need that BMW.
Fi-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
his issue which he hasn't even brought up in this thread is that he has a factory alarm supposedly and is wondering if there'll be any issues or the need of some sort of adapter
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:58 AM   #9
itsbmw

Last edited by itsbmw : 01-04-2023 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
itsbmw

bump lulz