Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-20-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I was really interested in getting some quick before the fall/winter hits. Any words of wisdom? Silent ...you out there?

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:31 PM   #2
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
air ride tech has a good kit for our cars..

parker systems are pimp poop

chassistech aka rickey raer aka aim industries sucks so stay away from them
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Whats up with chassis tech...I had one dude say they were okay....have you had them before?

Have a good day
Old 09-20-2004, 03:38 PM   #4
Travis99Alero

i think u should juice it rather than go with air, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #5
AGT
GLS member

Heard juice was rougher? Juice can drop to the ground tho...I would hate having all those batteries tho

Have a good day
Old 09-20-2004, 03:41 PM   #6
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
but thats why you buy accumulators aka remote mounted shock absorbers

yes i had chassistech, i was sponsored by them and had their best setup :rolleyes: which included plastic fittings

plastic fittings = suck for 150psi system

i only got 2 batteries in my trunk
Old 09-20-2004, 03:48 PM   #7
AGT
GLS member

OKay then ...you recommend a certain company for the juice? I admit 2 batteries wouldn't bother me...is that front back side to side?

Have a good day
Old 09-20-2004, 03:58 PM   #8
Travis99Alero

i have a prohopper setup and like it. it rides pretty smooth, and definitely goes lower than air. u can fit 6 batteries across the back of your trunk without a problem, btw.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:03 PM   #9
AGT
GLS member

Okay I guess what I need to tell everyone is that I am looking for a pretty clean look....leaving enough trunk space for some storage and still having a smooth ride but not too much weight. I would like to be able to just the smoothest ride possible with the stockest look interior possible....

Have a good day
Old 09-20-2004, 04:42 PM   #10
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i have air ride tech and the arc 2000 and yes i know the front doesn`t go as low but their struts are some of the best around you can do road racing with air ride stuff cross the finish line and lay the car out
that`s why i have them
to me juice is a maintance queen, oh poop i blew a seal oh poop the batteries are dead oh poop i have more problems then this is worth
to me not worth it like i said "it is a car not a carnival ride"
i highly recomend air ride products are the best around and the people are great to deal with and installing is very very easy
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:03 PM   #11
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

btw heres my trunk setup
Old 09-20-2004, 05:12 PM   #12
AGT
GLS member

Both Bdyman and SIlent have good points but with the trunk space being as limited as it is with Hyrdos I think I will have to go with Airride. Can I run 2 small tanks instead of just one...or 1 custom one under the trunk might be whats best for me...hmm...I have to have a lot more questions answered before i blow my wallet on something that isn't broke :unsure:

Have a good day
Old 09-20-2004, 06:18 PM   #13
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
http://airride.com/productinfo/rideproe.asp
look down at the products they have
Old 09-20-2004, 06:34 PM   #14
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

if your looking fro space then air is best

hydro is more for sho
Old 09-20-2004, 07:15 PM   #15
Travis99Alero

air takes up less space, but hearing that damn compressor when ever you get switch happy sucks balls, as does running out of air. both suspensions have their pros and cons, and are priced fairly similar, so pick which ever one u like. the main reason i got rid of my air suspension was to go lower.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:36 PM   #16
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
which would be better as a daily driver?
Old 09-20-2004, 10:05 PM   #17
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
air ride can take a bit more abuse, as bdyman said you can race with it. and cant you get a silencer for that compressor? and cant you just take out your spare tire and put a air tank in there? i talked to some dude who had air bags on his civic. and he said he could play for a few hours of goin left right up and down on just a 5 gallon tank of air. so im probably gonna stick with air ride, if you wanna have fun and have a better ride as well as show off.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:34 AM   #18
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

fwe hours on a 5 gallon tank? yea maybe if ya got 2 compressors running 100$ duty at 3/4hp
Old 09-21-2004, 04:18 PM   #19
AGT
GLS member

Yeah...I will probably stick with air but I want it so custom that it works the best for me...seperate purchase on the tanks, the compressors, everything. I want it to be made for my car so well that my tank(s) look good no matter where they are. Can't you just place the compressors on the outside like a Cadillac?

Have a good day
Old 09-21-2004, 05:15 PM   #20
bdyman
GLS member

some builders i know put compressor`s underneath the car i perfer inside and keeping everythin inside the car
i really would recomend putting the air ride inside the car
it`s cool you want to show off the tanks and stuff but my thing is to hide it all to keep the car looking stock i would not installing the air ride to the trunk floor not good build a wood frame for it
i really would stick with air ride tech products and no one else