Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-21-2004, 06:20 PM   #21
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
What is the tank was made custom...not a common shape but made a certain shape any problems with that? i would pressure test it and get 2 compressors i want it when i need it

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:16 PM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
lmao!! you do what you want it`s obvious you won`t listen
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:40 PM   #23
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
so if i got the cheapest kit air ride technologies has (ARC4000e) and bought a better compressor (Viair 400) could the car rise faster than 3-5 seconds? or does that depend on other stuff. j/w
Old 09-21-2004, 10:48 PM   #24
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
dude thats not the cheapest. that had the pro e remote. go down the page. arc2000 is way to go
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:01 PM   #25
Travis99Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpalero03@Sep 21 2004, 10:48 PM
dude thats not the cheapest. that had the pro e remote. go down the page. arc2000 is way to go
no it's not. a 2 gallon tank is waaay too small.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:58 PM   #26
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
2 gallon tank? oh gadw, ur gonna run outta air in like 2 spurts, lol
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:17 AM   #27
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Quote:
Originally posted by Silentalero@Sep 21 2004, 09:58 PM
2 gallon tank? oh gadw, ur gonna run outta air in like 2 spurts, lol
Thats not what she said.....

Oh wait, way off topic. :huh?:
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:17 AM   #28
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
no it doesn`t oh but wait wtf do i know the boys no more then i do
2 gallon tank is just fine
Old 09-22-2004, 10:46 AM   #29
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Bdyman I am talking about a tank that is 5 gal or more....custom shape shouldn't effect it as long as it is multi-port right? I'll listen but I need your input. I will definitely go with air ride tech but I want it my way the first time.

Have a good day
Old 09-22-2004, 11:08 AM   #30
Travis99Alero

a 2 gallon tank is fine if u only want to put it down when u park, and lift it back up to drive, but if u want to really have fun with it and hit switches a lot, you're going to want atleast 1 5 gallon tank, if not more, and you'll want bigger lines than 1/4", in my opinion. if u go to a show and take 4-5 seconds to go up or down, you're going to be disappointed when everybody else that is bagged is a lot faster than you. but since bdyman is the only one that knows anything about air suspensions on this forum anymore, disregard my post. :rolleyes:

as for a custom tank, the shape wont matter, but i cant see paying the price to have it done. a regular 5 or 6 gallon tank is only around $50-60, but having a custom shaped tank made is going to cost a lot more than that.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:29 AM   #31
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
This again is where it gets into personal perference. Its like chris said, if you want to just make the car go down nice and easy when you park then you'll be fine with a 2 gal tank, but your most likely gonna have 2 switches..front and back.

If you wanna go with a 10 switch fast bag setup then yes, your gonna need a bigger tank, bigger lines (i had 3/4 lines on my old air) and itll be alot more fun at shows and even on the street. When you roll up next to somebody and just dump the car its fun.

But if you only do want to go up and down slowly then yes, listen to what chris (bdyman) has to say
Old 09-22-2004, 11:43 AM   #32
AGT
GLS member

The tank I will make...got all the tools and the experience will be up to my father haha...I am learning alll the welding and plasma cutting from him. I want to be good enough to do my handles eventually but with lead instead bondo. I won't pay for what I can learn for free.

Have a good day
Old 09-22-2004, 12:07 PM   #33
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

good stuff, then yea make yourself a custom tank if you can do it yourself.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #34
bdyman
GLS member

it`s all about style i pull up and pimp it down slooooowwwwwwwwwww
Old 09-22-2004, 06:26 PM   #35
AGT
GLS member

What I was thinking was my custom tank (5 gal or larger, 4 port) , 2 good compressors at 3/4 hp a piece and 1/2-3/4" line, parker valves (8). I will mainly use it for when I park to set it down and when i start it up to get off the ground and go....on the road I want the ability to raise up if I see something in the road or lower slightly to accommodate wind. Is that too simple? :unsure:

Have a good day
Old 09-22-2004, 10:50 PM   #36
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
you and me both :P
Old 09-22-2004, 11:14 PM   #37
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
here is a kit for teh alero. they make stage one two and three

air ride
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:49 AM   #38
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

why do i have an odd feeling that sounds like chassistech crap
Old 09-23-2004, 10:11 AM   #39
AGT
GLS member

Because it is...same layout on the webpage...they sure aren't being very sneaky....what was it that went wrong with your kit again Silent?

Have a good day
Old 09-23-2004, 11:21 AM   #40
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

OH gawd, I could list em for hours but ok

Their compressors suck first off, the pressure switch went bad right away and kept turning the compressor on and off so i had to put a kill switch on that to, their tanks are not internally coated so they rust from the inside out, their lines are cheap ass air lines and crimp with any stress on them, their fittings are plastic ring fittings that you just slide the air line into, and with a 150psi line thats not gonna hold when things move. Their valves are a work of art, I had 2 of em go bad on me and stick within the first month of having it. And no i didnt get any teflon tape inside em like some may thing because that can cause it to. the bags themselves werent bad, basic bolt up but even then, if your rims are 18x8.5 itll rub by about 2mm's so we had to shave that off a bit on the rear bags. Solonoid, expect to replace the cheap on they give you. Ride sucks.

Only good points were the chrome tank looked nice, and ....the gauges actually worked, other than that, no thanx

I ended up replacing the valves with parker valves, and replacing all the lines and fittings with air compressor fittings and lines from home depot (300psi lines) so everything actually held up..

btw they use to be a sponsor of mine so i actually had one of their best kits to, oh and another thing, their tech support sucks a nut considering everytime i asked em something they referred me to another tech sheet basicly saying to figure it out myself