Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
BOV opens in boost.

My BOV leaks under boost part throttle and when I return back to full throttle... why?! It happened every power pull I've done with people, I attributed it to low traction when I start letting off and getting back on the throttle, but tonight when I went out attempting to tune, it appears to leak boost most of the time under heavy/full throttle. It's really dumb.

HOW FIX?!

Current ideas:
  • torque the adjustment bolt down so the spring is under severe tension, however it probably won't open at all unless i'm in high boost (which means surge when i let off at low speeds)
  • take apart bov and examine diaphragm quality
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
diaphragm is torn. trying to take a pic but now my camera is broke randomly! won't turn on.. wtf..

camera phone to the rescue:

so now i need to find a new BOV asap so i can tweak the tune real quick and race lol
Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
Dobbie
GX Member

Dobbie is on a distinguished road
I was thinking BOV was shot some how but, I'm not one to talk about turbo setups as I only know the very basic concept.

Good to see that you found the issue quickly.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
From the first post I was going to say check the diaphram for tears or a bad seal but you got it.

I believe you can buy them individually
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

Friend's hooking me up with a brand new $190 TurboXS blowoff valve just for the hell of it!

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhh
Old 09-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
From the first post, I was thinking a bad or torn diaphargm too.

We use the same type of BOVs in work on the machines to equalize CO2 pressure so not to over carbonate the soda

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

It's gonna be tight racing tomorrow.

Can't weld the new BOV on til tomorrow during my lunch... I get off work after the track opens and I'll have to borrow a friend's laptop and load HPTuners on it so I can quickly tweak the tune and get to the track. (I had to turn in my laptop back to school today.)
Old 09-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OR, you could get all the work done tomorrow at lunch, then do the programing and take your time and go to the track NEXT WEEK

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

Because I like to rush things. Lol

Getting an alignment now.. taking forever in this queue of cars.. first place I was at treated me like I was a newb and wanted to charge me $50 to inspect it and then go from there what parts they wanted me to buy and install and then align. I'm like FFS just adjust my tie rods so shit is straight
Old 09-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

Okay so they got the printout of the current alignment specs. Camber is awesome, all negative slightly.. toe is funky. Said the rear is a bit off too but I informed them that it's not adjustable..
Old 09-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

And then they came out and showed me that the rear is in fact adjustable.. the lateral link has a cam bolt... fuuuu $74 instead of $50 now that I need a 4 wheel alignment
Old 09-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

New BOV is installed, sounds pretty sweet. Mostly all just air release sound "pshhh" no whistle. I like it.

Best part is it doesn't leak at all under boost, car feels insane now.

But I'll probably go to the track next week sometime instead.. don't want to rush tuning. (plus I'm a tad low on cash)
Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #13
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget to tape the duck-call to the BOV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNxugO-uf0

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

I want to haha
Old 10-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #15
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
go buy a damn TiAL bov & have it set for the right pressure
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote