Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-31-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I was concidering buying the GPS antenna for my eclipse 8455 HU when a co-worker suggested this.
http://www.microsoft.com/streets/Pro...s.aspx?pid=001
The new microsoft streets and tips comes with a GPS antenna. It works with your laptop and software to show real time location. The entire package is 112 at newegg.com. My eclipse antenna and reciever would only save me 15 dollars and lack the full features of the microsoft map. I ordered the software and will give a report after our vacation to Michigan in July.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats cool... i think it will be Grrrrrrrrrate

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
mlcroy20

Heard great things about this... My mom and dad just went to Yellowstone on vacation and took there laptop with this and said they never had any trouble finding where they were going!!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
my bro has some software like that, just its not from microsoft. it works pretty good, but his software didn't have any kind of update ability... so new roads weren't on there. other then that it was pretty neat.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
it would be REALLY cool if you could add roads yourself, so for example if it didnt show roads that were in your area, or back alleys you could use this to map them...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
mikegett
GL Member

A learning software. Now that would be great. If you think about it. It would be more practical for the customer to participate in mapping data. With GPS you have your entire path mapped out. Just upload the data back to the company after trying it out. Personaly, I can't wait to try it. I have been drooling over Navigation for a while. For the cost and added feature list I think these types of software would be the only way to go.
I was curious about two things. Have any of you bought a stand for laptops in the car? I have seen a few but they didn't impress me. I was kind of looking toward a mount that would allow the laptop to shut and slide between the dash and passenger.
I am also looking for a add on sound card for the laptop. My HU has RCA and digital input. Any suggestions on brands would be great. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #7
mikegett
GL Member

I have to say, I love newegg and fedex. I swear every time I order from them they deliver before the expected date. I recieved the map software Friday afternoon and I spent most of the night driving with my wife. It seems to work great and never lost a signal. If you are concidering a navigation for the car I highly suggest this. I will do a review in a few days after going over all the features.