Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #1
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
So Theres this forum thats local to me, im in westren canada, more specificly B.C.
http://www.revscene.net
They have a LARGE classified section, so i found a R15 on there cheep, and yesterday i went to my buddy at A&B Sound and got a Alpine MRD-M605 Monoblock amp, and a sealed box for the 15, slaped it all in the car and its quite loud... haha

I just cant wait till i have the time to make use of the 4 gallons of fiberglass that i have left over and make a spare tire well enclosure... I should have pics later this week.

Anyone else use these amps? they are pritty new... just came out. ITS SMALL, i was amazed compared to the old stuff, like the MRD-M500, or MRD-M501 is a lot bigger... and this amp that i got birthed 666watts rms at 2ohms @14.4 volts

ALPINE MRD-M605 monoblock!

I would recomend them to anyone, plus they are easy to use... unlike the MRD-1001 that i last had... this one is a bit simpler... the 1001 was harder to tune and use.. but thats cus it had like 4 times the options .

Alltogether with my CDA 9835, Stype front and JL 6x9's it sounds pritty good, and i only have about... $2000 invested so far... lol... Stupid Alpine addiction...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
freakout
V.I.P. Member

freakout is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the MRD-M301 it birthed at 403.4 @14.4 @ 2 ohms mated to a cda-9827 deck with a 10 pinoneer dvc sub in a bandpass box. I thought I had a 12 inch box but when I blew up the Dr.Crankenstien found out it was only a 10. Awesome amp sounds great I just don't know how to set it up. Do they make an audio book for dummy's. I need help.

What a great damn day, I can walk!
freakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
BLK03GXS
GLS member

The alpine website has all the usermanuals and info there for download if you didnt get the manual with the amp.

there are some awsome sites out there for general info on the setting up of systems, generaly by experance i can do it by ear more or less, but thats not allways perfect.

Try this site for info
http://www.bcae1.com/

And

http://www.alpine1.com

Old 04-03-2005, 05:25 PM   #4
freakout
V.I.P. Member

I got the manauls bought everything brand new. I just dont know what things do if it was just a dial adjustment for gain and lpf I'd be alright. But no I got fancy and got this digital one with parametric eq, bass comp, subsonic, and all this other crap that I don't really understand. I'm the same way with deck. Just me sorry I don't know crap about this stuff I'm learning. My other sub literally went up in smoke.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #5
BLK03GXS
GLS member

you live up 2 ure name huh? lol
RELAX, if you have some issues tuneing it, and if you dont have some one there or that you know that KNOWS what they're doing, try asking the store where you bought it, because they usually are helpfully, seeing as how you just got their product... and if your using a bandpass box you may want to get a Sealed insted... as bandpass is really hard to tune, and the enclosure prolly isnt correct for your driver.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
freakout
V.I.P. Member

The freakin is over. The side of the highway when the sub blew now that was freaking. Still got electrical smell in trunk. Bought it at a show like 400 kms from my house easter weekend. Installed so I knew it worked before I went home. Cooked my sub halfway home. Went to my bud at futureshop he set it up for me. He makes fun of me to, when I get playing with it I blow it up. I try to leave it alone.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #7
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
If you had a dvc sub, I would guess that you had it wired in parallel 2ohms bridged. It won't take long to smoke a amp wired under its load requirements.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #8
freakout
V.I.P. Member

blk03gxs sorry for thrashing on your thread. I really like the alpine equipment but like you said in your first post
Quote:
I would recomend them to anyone, plus they are easy to use... unlike the MRD-1001 that i last had... this one is a bit simpler... the 1001 was harder to tune and use.. but thats cus it had like 4 times the options .
I got the one with all the features and I haven't had mine to long don't understand it yet. It will take me awhile. The amp I have is 2 ohm stable so yes I wired it up that way. I like the bandpass style box I think they hit hard. My box is a little big for the pioneer but I got it cheap. Going to go with a type r sub when I can get the funds it should match my box well if I'm measuring it right. The one I smoked was a Dr.Cranknstien I liked the name sounded cool.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #9
aleroman8

I have yet to install my 2 R12's, but my Alpine headunit and 6x9's are in.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #10
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by aleroman8@Apr 4 2005, 03:07 AM
I have yet to install my 2 R12's, but my Alpine headunit and 6x9's are in.
Nice... 2 R12's and a nice sealed box sound WICKED, as long as you have lots of power.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #11
aleroman8

I have an Orion XTR PR 2400 watt amp. It was $1,450.00 new. It's a competition amp, but I'm not into competing, so I'm going to sell it and get an Alpine amp. It's only been used twice by a friend of mine. He brought home a third place trophy and $500 with it.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #12
jiffy

looks nice.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #13
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a oldey but goodey a alpine mrv 1000 1000 wats@4 ohms bridged also a alpine head unit 7863 and a alpine eq and a ppi 4 channel 4400
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #14
TheSoundDemon
GX Member

TheSoundDemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSoundDemon Send a message via MSN to TheSoundDemon Send a message via Yahoo to TheSoundDemon
My bro just picked up the new 1005...he's going to be running two of the 2005 type r 10's...he's pretty pumped to get it all installed, and I don't blame him :P