Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #41
ares89
GL Member

ares89 is on a distinguished road
update: door speakers replaced(lookin toward back speakers soon..), new rims are on, pinstripe is off, next tuesday if its not raining the vinyl on the 3rd brake light is getting replaced

corners prolly wont get cleared til after winter... and car insurance blows like no other...

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping
ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #42
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
pics, and doesn't take long to clear corners just a few hrs for the first and like 20 min for the second. GET ER DONE
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #43
ares89
GL Member

planning on getting new pics tonight after work of the lights on... maybe i'll throw the underbody LEDs on heh... next time i wash it i'll get pics of it shiny and not covered in dust from the backroads i take to the local Penn State branch...

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping
Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 PM   #44
ares89
GL Member

ok.. looks like im clearing the corners this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew if the non-amber looking lights were available at Walmart... seeing as my mum works at wallyworld and her best friend there does the stocking in the mini mechanic shop thing they have. Just to make sure i have it right.. i need 2 amber-lighting bulbs 194s if i remember right and a tube of silicon? any polish for the chrome/shiny stuff behind the lights? (sorry for lack of good terms in this one, have had no sleep and im goin out of my mind )

Old 09-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #45
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
well, just don't touch the chrome part and you'll be alright, I heard of people stripping the chrome off by trying to clean it, If any thing, just use a dry cloth.

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #46
ares89
GL Member

i have to do something with the chrome because when the guy drilled for the LEDs in the headlights he never did anything about getting rid of the debris from the drilling.. so its all dusty lookin in one of the compartments..

Old 09-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #47
ares89
GL Member

well.. i started clearing my corners today... and to say the least.. my cars gonna be half cleared for a couple days ... took forever to do the one.. theres silicone everywhere and i have a million wonderful blisters haha... the oven trick is pretty awesome and i wish i remembered to do it at the very beginning it would prolly have saved me 1/2 the time..

Old 09-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #48
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
omg not another alero with cleared corners
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.

Last edited by 01silveralero : 09-28-2007 at 04:20 PM.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #49
ares89
GL Member

and wonderful... didnt use enough silicone and now i see myself some wonderful condensation in my lights... rip them open, towel them down again, and reseal with 30 times the silicone i assume is the fix?

Old 09-29-2007, 08:48 AM   #50
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
fill the gap completly where it connects together, and then once its all together, run a bead along the outside and wipe it down with your finger. Thats what i did anyways, but I used clear silicone.

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #51
ares89
GL Member

i used clear silicone too... RTV i stuff i think...

Old 09-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #52
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
use a ton a silicone, its cheap. I wasted more from the stuff that squeezed out than i actually used. As for the condensation, it might just be the type of silicone you used. The first time i had my lights apart and back together, moisture kept getting in the lights b\c as the silicone dried it pulled in moisture and it was hot outside. i just kept the black covers off the back of the lights for about a week and problem solved. Now the second time i did it (to put led's in) there was no moisture build up at all.
And to polish the chrome, i used Artco hood and windsheild polish and a terry cloth. Makes it shine like crazy.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #53
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
If you reheat the silicone when putting it back together you should not need to use any silicone. I have never had any kind of condensation. This is not a hard project, but you guys make it painful sometimes.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #54
ares89
GL Member

i always said i'd screw it up... i took out some silicone.. but i replaced most of it.. i just thought i had put enough... but i guess i didnt..

Old 10-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #55
ares89
GL Member

ok i keep stuff related to my idiocy in this place and im curious other than removing pinstripe and clearing corners is there any other really cheap things that can be done, engine or appearance wise?

Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #56
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
You could mesh the front grill. Change you gauges, and lighting. Belive it or not you could get a set of racing style rims. Where are those pics? Then we could really let you know something. I didn't go all the way through this thread, but do you have an aftermarket system already? That's just something else you could do. Install some more electronics, crap like that.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #57
ares89
GL Member

i keep intending to get new pics up but im waiting for a washjob on my car that im always too damned lazy/tired to do.. work highschool and college kick my ass pretty hard heh