Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #21
GoldStar611
GX Member

GoldStar611 is on a distinguished road
Walmart sells a Scosche kit that has a chime module, http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5691045 I have not used it but if I ever did add a new HU this is what I would get. It also adds a switched +12V wire.
GoldStar611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #22
bryan213
GX Member

bryan213 is on a distinguished road
I have that formy radio harness havent had any problems.. get it simple hook up
bryan213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #23
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

DansGen1Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
I am so glad i have a 99, GM royally fouled this up, it is the most retarded feature that a car manufactuer has ever done. oh lets put the chimes and pretty much all innerworkings of the cars brain in the stereo.......dumbasses. Its bad enough in my lexus i had to rewire everything becasue of the factory amp, the lexus harness didnt have the correct connections, so i had to get a toyota harness, run it from the plug originall going into the amp and run another 4 feet from that plug to my headunit. Do the newer GMs still do this? they need t stop it if they do, becasue it makes it difficult do to a very remedial task (upgrading HU)
just my 2 cents, sorry I have no actual help, I would probably go w/o chimes then to spend 70-100 for that special wireing harness.

"Vinyl belongs on the side of a house not on a car"
DansGen1Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #24
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
You know if you are amplifying the fronts then you will need the GMRC 01 because that one has the speaker built into it, where the GMRC 02 uses the driver side speaker. The guy above is right the one you got is usually used for onstar applications but can still be used if you don't want to here the chimes.

http://www.amdistributors.com/mobile...PP%20GUIDE.pdf

..looks like a choice of GMRC-01, GMRC-02, GMOS-01,GMOS-04

Last edited by lonnie : 10-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #25
Fuzzyspudkiss
GX Member

Fuzzyspudkiss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
You know if you are amplifying the fronts then you will need the GMRC 01 because that one has the speaker built into it, where the GMRC 02 uses the driver side speaker. The guy above is right the one you got is usually used for onstar applications but can still be used if you don't want to here the chimes.

http://www.amdistributors.com/mobile...PP%20GUIDE.pdf

..looks like a choice of GMRC-01, GMRC-02, GMOS-01,GMOS-04

So...My question is, which one would be the best choice? One of my friends is offered me his old aftermarked HU but i still need the harness for the chimes (which I find helpful). I have a 2001 GLS 4dr. Thanks

and yes, I know this thread is old.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #26
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
This one 100% works.
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-2001-200.../dp/B00377PDVO
I use one.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #27
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdygls View Post
The correct harness runs in the neighborhood of $70 and comes with 12 feet of extra wiring to relocate the factory deck somewhere else in the car...most people just strap it down in the trunk.

this sir. while functional.. is the ghetto way to do it. its what my friend did with his impala. There are two harnesses the one rowdy mentioned and the kind that has a little box attached to it this box works as the chimes and ceiling light (when i had my factory cd player the ceiling light would work with the door setting. Got the aftermarket and harness and it worked fine).. it costs around $100 and requires no factory cd player.
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote