Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-31-2018, 03:08 AM   #1
Dealmobile

Misfiring? Rough idle after starting

Howdy all!
I've been having some rough idling or misfiring(I'm not sure...) after starting that goes away in 5-30 seconds or so.

I have a 99 3.4 w/97k miles and never had changed the plugs/wires so I just put in ac delco wires and iridiums plugs. I checked/fixed gap before installing. I also just got a new battery, checked air filter, cleaned my maf sensor a lil more than year ago so idk if that's due...
Here's a video after starting and a few pics of the old plugs, I suppose they look ok to me, nothing I can notice. Thank you for any opinions or suggestions on what could be wrong or a potential solution!
Thank you guys!!

https://youtu.be/98cju0aBFFQhttps://youtu.be/98cju0aBFFQ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_20180115_134555.jpg (83.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_20180115_134548.jpg (75.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_20180115_134500.jpg (86.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
How big are the gaps on the old plugs?
Also, how hard were they to get out? I would think that having them in that long might make it difficult to remove. Yes, I still have the original plugs in my 99 at around 50K miles.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #3
Dealmobile

The old gaps were .62-.68 mostly but one was .74. The plugs were in pretty good so I had to use some force but not too bad. The wires were a pain on the front and a nightmare on the back-they were melted onto the plugs there.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #4
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
fuel regulator if it is difficult to start, smell gas and rough idle for a few minutes.

Check the plugs.

Don't be afraid to get some seafoam in the gas, oil and air intake in case of carbon build up.