Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-16-2005, 07:12 AM   #1
RoninKouga

hi!

there is this alarm mode key on the keyless remote control. i find this absolutely unnessersary so i want to change this function in anoter. does anyone know where to grab the signal from the receiver box?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #2
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
1: your avatar scares me
2: i dont understand what your talking about.
3: stock alarm is garbage if you want something better then get something else ie viper or compustar.

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
Crolero

i can understand him perfectly.

I dont think that you can turn that button into another function it would take too much time and effort. look into an aftermarket one. they've got buttons that'll open your windows/doors/etc. gl
Old 05-16-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
It shouldn't be hard. All the key is doing is switching a relay. You need to find the relay and reroute it to what you want. If you want the window ,or something of the sort, you will need to add another relay and have it latch open a 12 volt source to the motors. otherwise you won't have power untill the car is turned on. I suggest a relay with built in timer so that the 12 volt unlatches after 30 seconds. Go to a GM dealership and ask for the schematic for the keyless system. If you are nice, they will help you out. In a matter of seconds they can pull it up on the computer and print it out.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #5
RoninKouga

Quote:
Originally posted by BLK03GXS@May 16 2005, 08:18 PM
1: your avatar scares me

especially for you, i changed it ^^

Quote:
All the key is doing is switching a relay. You need to find the relay and reroute it to what you want.

has anyone an idea which relay it could be?
Old 05-21-2005, 03:25 PM   #6
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 10:14 PM   #7
mikegett
GL Member

Go to a GM dealer and ask for the schematics that show your remote relay. Scan it in here and I can help you out.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #8
mikegett
GL Member

I forgot to mention. What do you want for the remote to do? I am going to make a guess and say that it will be rolling down windows. If so, then ask for a wiring diagram of the window path. I believe all windows are routed via the driver side switch.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:09 AM   #9
RoninKouga

hehehe absolutely right.

but there is one problem. here are no real gm dealers in germany ^-^
Old 05-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #10
mikegett
GL Member

Sorry about that. That is what I get for assuming you were in the states. I will try to get over to my dealer in the next week. I need to schedule my car in for repair. I just haven't had the enthusiasm to sit in the office for two hours sipping bad coffee. Just let me know what your plans were. I would need to know what you want to hack before I ask for the schematics.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
RoninKouga

wow!

that would be really nice!

i just want to know where to grab the wire to swich a relay instead of this horn.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:08 PM   #12
mikegett
GL Member

That is what switches the horn. 12 volts supplies the relay and the horn comes on. If you want to switch something else the easiest thing to do would be grabing the 12 volts going to the horn and suppying something else. It is already being switched for you. The problem is how the relay works already. When you hit the panic once it supplies power. The power stays on until you hit it again. This means that the relay will be doing exactly the opposite of what you will want on the second push. The other problem will be the constant 12 volts. Something like a motor will burn up when it bottoms out. Example. A window rolls down. If you keep attempting to roll down the window after it reaches the bottom the amperage will skyrocket and severely limit the life span. You would have two options. Use the recievers function of the second signal to cancel the 12 volts manualy or install another relay with a timer. All of this just depends on what you want to do with the signal.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #13
RoninKouga

thats correct. but i wonder which relay it is. do you know it?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:20 PM   #14
mikegett
GL Member

No, I haven't been to the dealer. I have to try and get in on Saturdays (if I don't work) otherwise I get off work too late. My assumption is that it will be inside the reciever for the remote. Normaly a black box located in the trunk with a wire coming out for the antenna. I haven't seen one in our trunk, so it may be part of the CAN network.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 AM   #15
pcaveney

If any of you figure out how to do it to roll down windows, I would be more interested in getting one to open my sunroof. Thx for any help!
Old 06-14-2005, 11:33 AM   #16
AI_

The alarm mode key button simply changes the way the alarm functions correct? If that is the case then it will be changing some 'soft' setting in the brain, nothing that is accessible for manipulation. The fact that it may beep the horn when the setting is changed (not sure, just guessing) is of no use to you because that is the same feed that beeps the horn when the alarm is armed or when the alarm is set off. Hooking up a remote start to this will cause the car to start whenever the horn would have been signaled to beep. Horn beeps twice and the car has started and turned off. Beeps three times and …..
Old 06-15-2005, 01:02 AM   #17
mikegett
GL Member

Your remote brain is simply turning on and off relays. Depending on the frequency recieved, it may supply power to one relay constant until the frequency is recieved again, or it may latch open until another source feeds back to close it. Either way, the simplest method is to tap the feed coming out of the box. If you find the reciever, you can break the feed going to the horns. Your horns will still work, they just won't work in conjunction with your alarm. The problem lies in how the alarm sends its signal. The alarm stays on until you press the button again. That means that when the reciever sees the alarm frequency, it supplies 12 volts constant until it sees the same frequency repeated. At that point it unlatches and breaks the 12 volts. You can reroute the signal to the moon roof, but a timed relay would need to be installed so that the 12 volt signal would be broken if you did not press the alarm button again. Otherwise, the constant 12 volts would quickly burn up the moon roof motor. To put it simply, the alarm button would be more difficult to instal unless it was used for a application that acted in the same manor. Turning lights on and off with your remote. Turning your radio on and off. This one would take another relay to get around the ignition when the car is off, but might be cool to look into. I installed a alarm on my wifes grand am a few years ago and used a old toyota keyless system to activate a amps subwoofer. It didn't realy impress the wife so it quickly went away.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:21 PM   #18
AI_

All other things aside, the most important thing to consider is that the alarm brain uses only one method to communicate with the horn relay (assuming it’s not built in to the brain). Re-route that lead and every time the alarm calls for the horn to honk, your newly installed feature will be called instead.

In short, this is not an acceptable solution.

Also, any time you are controlling one of your power accessories like windows or a sunroof please use the appropriate module. The DEI 530T will control 2 windows and has built in safety features to prevent your window motor from burning out as well as making sure that nobody gets caught when the window rolls itself up.

MIKEGETT, the radio on/off feature can be controlled with only one relay since the 12v constant is “constantly” supplying power to the radio to keep your settings and time you only need to feed 12v to the switched ignition wire.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:25 PM   #19
mikegett
GL Member

No, two relays are still needed for the radio. The alarm module is turning on and off 12volts constant. Since the 12volts latches with the first signal and unlatches with the second two relays would be needed to hold the power latched and then to close it. Otherwise, the alarm button would only work on the first press.
The alarm module has the relay built into it. If you are looking for a external relay like aftermarket alarms ( with plug in relays) you won't find it. They are surface mounted onto the pcb boards. What I don't know is where it is located in our cars. My ford and honda were located in the trunk, but I wouldn't be suprised to find out that it is built into the ECU or piggy backing near bye. I believe that every alero came standard with it in 2003 and would make a extnernal alarm costly. In reality, it doesn't matter where it is. As long as you know where the signal is going. But, as stated previous motors would not be a wise choice for the alarm button.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:23 AM   #20
AI_

If a signal lead is latched that means you press the button once and the signal is on, press it again and it is off. One relay.

Using the factory remote and “timed relays” and the horn signal lead is ghetto bro.

Also, don't go throwing around words like NO to start your posts, leaves no room for error and makes you seem like an idiot when you’re wrong.