Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > News & Updates

Old 08-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Exclamation Site Changes & New Ownership

To my fellow Aleromod.com members:

In 2001, I registered the domain name “Aleromod.com” with the idea that I would create a website that would act as a list of all available modifications for Aleros, along with providing reviews and links for products. Once I installed the forum software, it quickly took off, and the site quickly grew into a very fun and rather large community. In fact, the site became more popular than I could ever have expected.

There have been many ups and downs over the years, and a surprising number of members have been active for all 8 years of this communities’ existence. With this in mind, I have decided to accept an offer from a group of these long-time members, who have offered to purchase the website from me. This group includes Oldsman, kwhauck, Oldsnut, and Redog.

It is no secret that I have not had a lot of spare time to maintain and update the site, and that is primarily the reason why I am giving it up to the control of people who I know are dedicated to the Alero community and the larger Oldsmobile community. I would not have considered relinquishing control to any other people, and I am fully confident that they will be able to take care of things better than I can at this point in my life.

I do not plan on leaving the community, and I will remain as an administrator for the time being. All members who have already purchased a VIP membership will receive their decals from me. However, moving forward, these functions will be handled by Scott (Oldsman).

When I started the site in 2001, I was an underemployed college student with a lot of spare time on my hands. I was able to dedicate a lot of time and effort into updating and designing art for the site. As the years have gone by, I have finished college, gotten a real job with a large company, and have gone back to school for my graduate degree. Couple school and work with the fact that my mother-in-law is presently in a 4 year battle with breast/brain cancer, and the fact that I am a few months away from being a new dad, I am struggling to find the time required to maintain the site. It has really been about 2 years since I’ve had the free time required to maintain the site at the level I would have liked to.

I know some of you have been annoyed with me for the lack of software updates, but I just ask that you have some understanding that it is not from lack of wanting. Also, since I am planning on selling my Alero, it seems right to give up control of the site to people who have been in the community so long and have dedicated so much to make it work.
Oldsman, Oldsnut, kwhauck, and Redog are a great group of guys. I have full confidence that they will keep the community going strong. They have already contributed so much to the site and community.

So in summary, I would like to welcome in Oldsman, Oldsnut, kwhauck, and Redog as the new owners of the site. It has been my honor and privilege to have founded this site and to have run it for these last almost 9 years. There have been a lot of ups and downs, and I have made a few enemies but overwhelmingly more friends. I urge you all to accept our new ownership group and to bear with them as they assume control of the site.

Thanks for the great times and memories.

-Naich

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
This comes as a huge surprise to me (I didn't even know you were in discussions with anyone about selling the site), but in a way it's to be expected. You've been instrumental in keeping the Alero name alive and will forever be considered the godfather of Aleromod.com. Thank you for all of your work over the years.

And best of luck with Mer's mom.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for makeing a great site. I wish you and your Mom the best of luck.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #4
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Your family will be in my prayers, Good luck Naich.....Three cheers for the O.G.'s of aleromod...lol
Old 08-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Once again a big thanks to Nick for giving us this great site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We look forward to updating the site, adding site sponsors, moderators, and putting our little touch on Aleromod. It may take us a few months to get everything all done. We will be getting the VIP back up and going as soon as possible.

We do have some good plans for the site but for the most part they are just enhancements. We don't plan on really changing the site from what we all come to love.

So if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
nick i hope everything works out for you,
kissing the ring on nicks hand<<<<<<<
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Hail King Naich!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Good to know things are moving forward.

Best of luck to ya naich, espicially on becoming a father!

i can understand oldsman, oldsnut, and redog... but why kwhauk? (i can understand modding wise... but attitude wise, he doesn't really have admin attitude with most people/new guy mods)

anywho.. to change
Old 08-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #9
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Naich..... I've used the site for years...... And will continue to do so....
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #10
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Thanks for creating this site Nick! It is one of the better car forums Ive been to.

After meeting most of the guys that are now the owners (all but kwa) I know this place will be in good hands. Just think of what this place was like when Nick had spare time now times it by four.

Cant wait to see what will happen.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #11
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Best of luck on the kid, and your mom is in my prayers.

Congrats to the new owners! Great group of guys to be taking over!
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
oh and FYI..............this is not a april fool thing either
Old 08-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #13
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I think the new owners should be called the "Aleromod Mafia."
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
it's an August fools thing!

Congrats, hopefully this will work out really well.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
WHAT!?! woah, i just woke up, this is WIERD!

so, kwhauck owns this place now, woah... i need to go back to bed
Old 08-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #16
RisenequinoX
GL Member

RisenequinoX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RisenequinoX Send a message via MSN to RisenequinoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
WHAT!?! woah, i just woke up, this is WIERD!

so, kwhauck owns this place now, woah... i need to go back to bed

hahaha

congrats on new ownership, goodluck!

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
RisenequinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Scot, Andy, Kyle and myself already have spoken on the phone about the things that we plan on doing on here. I think everybody will be pleased.

After meeting a lot of you in person, and talking with you on the board, I know that this will be a great and postive experience and with a lot of retail experience behind me, I know I'll be able to keep people happy, within reason.

All 4 of us lead very active and busy lives, but with 4 of us I'm sure that any problems that arise will be solved quickly.

We are going to have to ask for everybody to bear with us for the first few weeks.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #18
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
ahh... growing pains...
Old 08-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #19
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
A huge THANKS to Nick for getting this site going and Congrats on the new addition to your family.

The four of us are looking forward to the new adventure.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Where's the first lady of the Alero Chapter at?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote