Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-05-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
ok, i have a question. i've seen a lot of places say bolt pattern is 5-114 is this the same as 5-114.3. i really want to know cuz that would mean i have new rims. also a service rep at discount tire direct said that the 5-114.3 bolt pattern is not good for our cars and that hub centric rings dont do anything for fitment issues. HELP. thanks

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
3.4Alero

Well, 114 is not the same as 114.3, mathematically speaking.

5x114.3 will work on our cars though. You just have to be a little more careful with them. Check the lug nuts every couple of weeks instead of every month or so (like you're supposed to). You may get a little bit of vibration, but not everyone with that pattern has experienced it.

The person at discount tire is correct. Hubcentric rings have nothing to do with the bolt pattern. Their only purpose is to snug the centerbore, so that the hub takes the brunt of the weight, and not the lugs.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:35 PM   #3
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
i know mathmatically its not the same, but i was wondering if some of the sites i noticed it on were just rounding down. here is the info for the tire i was looking at:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...bp=5-100&rw=7.5. if that will fit close enough to the other size, im ordering them, but i want to be sure before hand. so any opinions on the matter are greatly appreciated. also where is a good site for spacers, cuz im going to need some. thanks

Chapter Member
Old 07-05-2004, 08:48 PM   #4
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire Discounter don't know there ass from a hole in the ground. They tried not to sell a friend of mine a set of tires because it would offset the speedometer. That's a dumbass reason not to try and sell a set of tires. We had to go to a different place because they refused to mount them because of that.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:24 PM   #5
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
It is actually 5-114.3 that will fit on our 5-115 bolt pattern. And the ansewer that 3.4 gave is absolutly correct.... buy the hubcentric rings (the plastic ones are inexpensive) and keep checking the lugz..... Let us know what you bought :thumbsup:
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #6
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

well i just picked up the 17 x 7 konig reasons, 5-115 bolt and 40 for the offset so i shouldnt have to worry about anything. the reason i was making a big deal over the pattern was for the 18's but...oh well. anything bigger than stock is better

Chapter Member
Old 07-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
The one's I bought are 114 but I also thought people were just rounding down a bit

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #8
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

and oh yeah....its getting dropped with intrax while the rims are being redone

Chapter Member