Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
Spilly
GX Member

Spilly is an unknown quantity at this point
My '02 GL2

I've been lurking around here for awhile but never have had the time to really post or take pictures of my car and upload em here.

She's a 2002 GL2 4 door. Has the Ecotec, Sunroof, Monsoon stereo, the 15 inch aluminum wheels. Pretty much every option other than Leather, the 16's and the 3.4,

I've had this Alero since December of '09. I'm it's second owner. 3k miles after I got it the timing chain tensioner went and a few valves kissed the pistons. Needless to say I put a LOT of money into the engine of this car, had the head redone, new valve guides, 4 new valves, new tensioner, cam and crank sprokets, timing chain, all the gaskets, guides etc. replaced. Did plugs and the belt while I had it apart too.

Everything under the hood is stock, and will remain so for the most part is it's a 4 door, and an automatic, and in my opinion just too heavy, and would cost way too much to make it go fast, so I intend on just working on the cosmetics of it and keeping it a reliable daily driver. Would like to do a Catback exhaust on it though. I've stolen a couple ideas from this site, such as blacking out the headlight surrounds/removing the reflector. I used VHT niteshades to tint the tailights, and I also have all LED's in the rear of the car.

Here's some pics, sorry about the huge post. Just wanted to show her off.

One of the bent Valves

Spilly is offline   Reply With Quote