Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 12-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
228? Psssh I got sprint for $80 shipped to my front door.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #22
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
228? Psssh I got sprint for $80 shipped to my front door.

Guess they are over priced.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #23
rfoster23g
GX Member

rfoster23g is on a distinguished road
thanks for the advice on lowering it guys but i just took it to get my tires changed and the mechanic told me my rack and pinion was bad and leaking they quoted me $475 for the rack, new tie rods, labor, and alignment and its going to be an all day job
rfoster23g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #24
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

04PONTIACGA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
I have Canuck springs with GR2 struts and moog strut mounts, still waiting to install on the car cause im working on assembling them and gotta find the time to swap the suspension because ive been busy with work.. then since we got snow i got to find a nice day to take it to my chevy dealer (only place i trust with my car) and get an alignment. you can order at Canuckmotorsports.com

They are 189.00$ with $30 shipping fee. Eibach are around 230$ idk how much sprint and all that are... If you plan on lowering, you better get new struts, stock struts aren't meant for lowering springs.

Don't mean to thread jack here, but check to make sure your dealer can align a lowerd car. Most of them can't because they have factory settings. So you might have to go somewhere else.
04PONTIACGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #25
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PONTIACGA View Post
Don't mean to thread jack here, but check to make sure your dealer can align a lowerd car. Most of them can't because they have factory settings. So you might have to go somewhere else.

Okay will do thanks, I think they will be able to do it because when I picked them up today they already are expecting me to come in for one. And didn't say anything about it being a problem, but ill make sure.

Sorry to hear about your car that really stinks!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #26
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

04PONTIACGA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoster23g View Post
thanks for the advice on lowering it guys but i just took it to get my tires changed and the mechanic told me my rack and pinion was bad and leaking they quoted me $475 for the rack, new tie rods, labor, and alignment and its going to be an all day job

That sucks, any way you can do the work yourself? It would save you a bunch of money. If you do decide to try it, me, and many other people here would be glad to help and walk you through most of it.
04PONTIACGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #27
rfoster23g
GX Member

rfoster23g is on a distinguished road
is it tough to replace the rack yourself this is my car so i wouldn't want to mess it up so i might just fork it over
rfoster23g is offline   Reply With Quote