Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 03:54 AM   #201
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
one thing i woud definitly question here is who is going to own the rights to the kit, i personaly, an chime in hear everybody who is going into this grou buy dont want to see this turn into a mass produced kit, like the kombat kit........

Im hoping as a group we decide this is a one shot, take it or not shot at this kit, and let body kits.org know that and agree not to sell it after the group buy before even going threw with it, what do ouguys tink, those who are going to be a part of the group buy?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:04 AM   #202
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think the company would let you do that that would be kinda stupid of them
Old 11-22-2007, 04:43 AM   #203
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
^x2...
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:11 AM   #204
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
i dont think the company would let you do that that would be kinda stupid of them

why's that were paying for a one off kit, not for them to mass produce a kit.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:30 AM   #205
pimpalero2003
GLS member

lets see there going to make 300 bucks more a kit out of a groupe buy?
also there isnt that many kitted aleros and aftermarket isnt big for them...
also have you ever found the forbiddon kit on google or anything????
Old 11-22-2007, 05:34 AM   #206
pimpalero2003
GLS member

haha nevermind u can find that on he first page for forbiddon
im going to strt a poll of who all has a kit
Old 11-22-2007, 05:36 AM   #207
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
lets see there going to make 300 bucks more a kit out of a groupe buy?
also there isnt that many kitted aleros and aftermarket isnt big for them...
also have you ever found the forbiddon kit on google or anything????

and your point is?????????????????

why would we provide the car, the information, an the financing for the to make a kit there going to turn arround and sell it on the market, its worth the try to see, ifthats what the group feels they want to do.

my point is, we would be asking for them not to remake this kit after the make ours not saying hey we want a cut if you do...

Last edited by paulyb : 11-22-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:56 AM   #208
pimpalero2003
GLS member

they would be doing us a favor making it also if 10 people get togther to buy it quess what that tells the company that it could sell i still dont think that anyone that is not on this site would find out. you found the site about this how did u find it??? also there will be ther members that will want this kit also eventualy.. so why are you trying to be greedy..
it would be tight if they numbered the kits though in that case you would have the first osv with the kit number 1...
oh and that site might go for destrying the molds if everyone would pay alot more money for the kit.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:20 AM   #209
pimpalero2003
GLS member

ehh check this out im on my phone so sry no direct link.... didnt read it all though

grandamgt.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-25599.html

Last edited by pimpalero2003 : 11-22-2007 at 07:49 AM. Reason: link fixed i think
Old 11-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #210
paulyb
GLS member

doesnt go to anthing
Old 11-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #211
pimpalero2003
GLS member

ahh crap sry ive been looking for info on this company search bbb on bodykits.org or whatever the site is
Old 11-22-2007, 07:41 AM   #212
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
Im really interested into getting in on this buy. The thing is Im kind of worried about dumping more money into the alero. I have a 2001 with 100k. do you think its worth it ? I just dont want to put more money into it if its going to break down later lol. What do you guys think ? If I got the kit I would get new paint as well so I planned on spending about 3000. Is the 2.4 a solid motor ? I have had no issues with the alero to this point except for the turn signals and window regulators like everyone else. I think I should be fine since I do a lot of preventive maintenance and stuff.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:50 AM   #213
pimpalero2003
GLS member

trylink again
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #214
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
the 2.4 is a solid engine... 176,500 mi... 6 PSI.. raced hundreds of times, never, ever any problem

lol they're doing us a favor by actually PRODUCING the kit for us, why would we try to tell them what they can and can't do when they're capable of making more? you don't want anyone else to ever have a chance to buy the kit if they don't have the money right when the Group Purchase goes down? That's kinda ahoe-ish
Old 11-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #215
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
and your point is?????????????????

why would we provide the car, the information, an the financing for the to make a kit there going to turn arround and sell it on the market, its worth the try to see, ifthats what the group feels they want to do.

my point is, we would be asking for them not to remake this kit after the make ours not saying hey we want a cut if you do...
The point of doing this was for our Aleromod community. If you start dictating to them what they can and cannot sell they will tell us to get screwed and produce it on their own knowing that there is some need and want for it.
If you want to block them out totally then you have to copyright the kit and all the B/S involved.

They are compensating us for bringing them the donor car. In regards of the "financing the buy" it's not financing. Many companies ask for money up front on custom work, they are not going to do all that work and have 2 people buy the kit when it's all said and done.

Having us make them crush the molds when this buy is completed would make us just like GM in my opinion, idiots.

All that I know is I want the kit for the Coupe I will be buying in the future and for those on here that would like one. This might just spark more interest in doing other groupo buys in thye future.

That is the old farts

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Old 11-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #216
adam337
GLS member

How about. If they mass produce the kit They wright the number on it like pimpalero said and they write something like Designed by Aleromod.com
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #217
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
then it'd be like saying we designed the OSV look, when, in fact, GM did

how about if they mass produce the kit we smile and be happy that now there is a 4th kit available
Old 11-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #218
adam337
GLS member

no one needs to know gm designed it
Old 11-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #219
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
then it'd be like saying we designed the OSV look, when, in fact, GM did

how about if they mass produce the kit we smile and be happy that now there is a 4th kit available
Amen ion

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Old 11-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #220
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
okay maybe if i ask for the third time someone will answer....is this a lip kit or a full replacement.....?

I shaved my balls for this?
Closed Thread