Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #21
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
its very easy all you do is pop out the fuse from under the hood, cut or tape off 1 pin.. (i cut mine) and reinstall the fuse. then no more DRLs.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #22
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
^yep, very easy. alero looks good, camaro isnt bad. welcome.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #23
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
610 hp.... camaro isnt bad.

he likes his goat to much.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
i think he is talking about the dusk sensing headlights, not sure if that is controlled by drls or not
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Blackthunder99 is on a distinguished road
I wanna be able to controller my own headlights
Blackthunder99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #26
sleepyalero
GLS member

thats a whole nother story, search around on here and find out, i usually turn my park lights on before it gets to dark so my hids dont come on till i need them.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #27
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
610 hp.... camaro isnt bad.

he likes his goat to much.

I didnt read, I just saw the pic. no, thats more then not bad
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #28
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I am not sure for the most part why you would want to disable them...if you every now any time i need them off i either do as sleepy, or if i am leaving i put the parking brake on the first notch before i start it and leave the driveway, drop it down and they turn on...wouldn't drive any distance like this but at least on mine the first notch has no resistance anyways, i havent tried to see if you can put it in park and shut them completely off with the parking brake without shutting the car off though...this will tell you how to do it though

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...o+headl ights
Old 10-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
sleepyalero
GLS member

you gotta turn off car with ebrake up, then restart for the lights to be off.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #30
03glgold
GLS member

i thought so...like i said though good for getting out of the driveway without shining in windows, not good for much else as it annoys the crap out of you and isn't the best for the e-brake system
Old 10-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #31
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthunder99 View Post
I wanna be able to controller my own headlights

Good luck with that...there was a thread on here where someone posted a video of an alero with the headlights you can control (over in europe)....i think it was falloutboy or w/e his name is. He's from germany but those are RARE....it even had a little dial where the fog light switch/dimmer dial is. Pretty neat. I might do some looking into that.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #32
03glgold
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Good luck with that...there was a thread on here where someone posted a video of an alero with the headlights you can control (over in europe)....i think it was falloutboy or w/e his name is. He's from germany but those are RARE....it even had a little dial where the fog light switch/dimmer dial is. Pretty neat. I might do some looking into that.

do you always thread skim or only most of the time
I just posted the link to a thread that told how to disable the auto headlights in post #28
Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #33
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
do you always thread skim or only most of the time
I just posted the link to a thread that told how to disable the auto headlights in post #28

noooo....i'm talking about something TOTALLY different. Maybe he isn't talking about what i think he is. There was a video of an alero with a switch that actually ADJUSTS the headlights. You can aim them down or up....it's neat. But VERY rare. I can't find anything on google.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #34
03glgold
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
noooo....i'm talking about something TOTALLY different. Maybe he isn't talking about what i think he is. There was a video of an alero with a switch that actually ADJUSTS the headlights. You can aim them down or up....it's neat. But VERY rare. I can't find anything on google.

I see what you are saying...i do believe that all the euro spec lights are set up for it the hard part to find is the controller...sorry for correcting you I didn't think about what you were referring to, but you are correct about it being fallout