Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   And the Fun Continues..... (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14339)

jackal2000 09-05-2006 04:21 PM

the best will be when he shears his wheel studs at the track LOL

or did you upgrade those too???

ptrudel 09-05-2006 04:23 PM

hahaha yeah eh that'd be somethin to see :p

strtrydr 09-05-2006 05:40 PM

wow ... deffinitely should have made the trip this weekend :( would be a sight to see ... I'm plannin' on making the trip sometime soon.

BlackJack 09-05-2006 09:23 PM

thanks guys...lovin the motivation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by strtrydr (Post 216998)
wow ... deffinitely should have made the trip this weekend :( would be a sight to see ... I'm plannin' on making the trip sometime soon.

Probably good that you didn't......as you can tell, I wouldn't have had much time to BS around :)

crossover pipe now tacked up on the mock-up engine...

jturkey69 09-08-2006 09:35 AM

is that a flex piece in there??...i hope you plan on using something a lil more lasting? It looks like flexpipe for the qwik fix exhaust? Maybe a stainless flex piece from an import

BlackJack 09-08-2006 08:21 PM

actually, it is a flex piece and intentionally. It will outlast a solid piece because of the weight of the turbo (it's larger than normal) will put stress on the welds in a solid pipe application even with a brace. So it will work perfectly.

jturkey69 09-09-2006 01:16 AM

i know its not supposed to be a solid piece...never said it was...but i did say that it will not last that long...meaning it will leak within 6 weeks to 6 months...take your pick....i meant to use a flex from an import car like a nissan stanza etc. with the woven braided flex made out of stainless

BlackJack 09-09-2006 02:34 AM

not sure on that one, but the guy that's making them has been designing his own turbo headers/exhaust for a few years now on several different vehicles. He recommends it, so I guess I'll have to find out the hard way :)

BlackJack 09-13-2006 01:09 AM

Headers are now shipped, and I just need to finalize the setup with deciding on placement for the wastegate, and get the oil return line piped into the oil pan. Then we're ready to roll. These pics are of it mounted on a mock-up engine and yeah, that's an older 4t60 transmission in the pics.

battistoni21 09-13-2006 01:12 AM

that looks soooo sick man......

mustang_killer 09-13-2006 01:21 AM

Holy F**K, thats all I can say...... Wow.

jturkey69 09-13-2006 01:23 AM

do we have that much room for the downpipe??

BlackJack 09-13-2006 01:25 AM

hope so, it was test fit into a GA since he didn't have an alero to go by when tacking them up. lets pray :)

btw jturkey....I didn't mean to sound like a rooster before. I sometimes leave out the details behind what I'm thinking. I dont think those headers would be a good idea for N/A due to runner diameters and final merged diameter. I think a little more flow restriction would be better suited to the scavanging effect on an N/A application. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a smaller diameter setup would be better for the non-turbo apps. That on top of...if I were making a header setup for N/A I would re-think the routing all together to prevent too much of a U-turn. that's why the GP's use a "U-bend delete" pipe.

jturkey69 09-13-2006 01:44 AM

i agree, well the front bank would work..LOL, the guy did an awesome job, what size are the primaries?...it looks to be a 3" dp, and the clamps are first rate. i feel sorry for the trans, then after that is built, then it would be the tires...BTW, how familiar are you getting with the tuner

BlackJack 09-13-2006 07:36 AM

heh, me too.....I've purchased a tranny that I think will hold quite a bit longer than my original, but we'll see.

I'm getting decent with the tuner so far. The concept isn't foreign to me, but some of the modifiers for the base tables can get tricky, especially if your engine is governed by more than two fuel modifying criteria at a time.

strtrydr 09-13-2006 12:14 PM

^Still amazed everytime I look at the progress on your car!

Now we can see how good you have gotten with the PT :)

Trickyslick 09-13-2006 03:49 PM

Your car is so figgin sweet. Got to see it sometime.

BlackJack 09-13-2006 05:18 PM

not like I dont live nearly around the corner from you two....it's what....less than an hour from Tucson, and maybe 2 to 3 hours from Phoenix?

burg03 09-13-2006 07:12 PM

well you are close to the,but you are faaaaaaar away from me

billytheman1188 09-14-2006 10:44 AM

Hmm u probably get this all the time blackjack, but when do u think you will be finished with the car????? and when are u getting that on a track?

And u expect to have around 450hp?? i think thats what u said on another thread. Oh and do u have any pics of your whole car....i wanna see that shitlol