Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Remote Wire > Pioneer Hu > Help (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7551)

RedAlero02 06-13-2005 09:18 PM

I'm installing my amp and I've got a couple questions with the remote wire.

I have the radio harness from pioneer if that helps too.

Where do I put the remote wire in???

Any tips.

I can answer more questions if needed.

Thanks

mikegett 06-13-2005 09:31 PM

I am not sure of what you are asking. Do you want to know where the remote goes to the amp or what wire to use from the HU to the amp? Your HU should have a blue or possibly blue white wire called remote or amp line. You run that back to the remote turn on for the amp. It will be located between the 12 volt positive and 12 volt negative. If you don't see a remote turn on located on the amp, it may be a sensing type. Meaning your amp senses the voltage on your rca and turns on. In this case ignore the remote wire.

RedAlero02 06-13-2005 09:33 PM

Sorry. My bad.

Yes... i can't find out where to put the blue remote turn on/off wire on my pioneer head unit.

Any ideas on where it goes

mikegett 06-13-2005 09:36 PM

List the wires on your pioneer harness if you don't see one stating amp or remote wire. At the very least, you can run the switched 12 volt off of your HU back to the amp. The only issue here is that if your amp doesn't have a soft turn on you will get a popping. What amp do you have?

RedAlero02 06-13-2005 09:39 PM

My amp is a kenwood:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099388637212

My HU is a Pioneer deh p3600

RedAlero02 06-13-2005 09:42 PM

I looked at the wires...

One is labled "amp turn on"

I'm guessing thats what I need?

mikegett 06-13-2005 09:52 PM

I just looked at the pdf file. If is the blue and white wire labled amp turn on.

RedAlero02 06-13-2005 09:57 PM

Yeah. Thats it.

Thanks.

I think I know what to with the rest now.

Vtolds 06-13-2005 10:05 PM

its always a blue wire, or blue with a white stripe. It will always say Amp Turn On or Remont Antenna.

RedAlero02 06-13-2005 11:08 PM

OK. One slight problem.

I hooked everything up again... but my radio signal seems to be crappy.

Could any of the new things I've done added interference to the radio signal?

RedAlero02 06-14-2005 12:20 AM

OK. I think I figured this one out too.

I didn't hook my remote wire to my amp up... so the power antenna wouldn't power up either.

It's either that... or when I moved the wires around a loose connection fixed the problem.

Was that the problem... the wire not hooked up to the amp??? Just wondering, because if its not I have to figure out what went wrong so it doesn't happen again.

RedAlero02 06-14-2005 10:52 AM

OK. This remote wire.

Do we splice our remote wire into the amp turn on... or do we cut the original amp turn on and put the new wire I got in my kit to the radio harness.

I did it the second way... and thats when I noticed the radio signal started to get crappy.

knowfear 06-14-2005 11:29 AM

you should have a wire on the headunit and a wire in the car both specifically for the use of the power antenna. if you forget to hook it up, you will be hard pressed to find a station that will come in very good at all. i didnt hook mine up at first and then afterwards i connected it and i havent heard any static since. the station i listen to most is about 65 miles away from me.

mikegett 06-15-2005 12:43 AM

The antenna booster can be a pain depending on the car. Some years have a green wire for the radio and others have blue one. This is the collor of the wire on your factory harness. Try splicing the new HU antenna into one or the other until you get it. You will notice a big improvement.
The "remote turn on" wire is the same thing as a amp turn on. These are the two you will want to splice togeather for your amp. Avoid using the power antenna. Most aftermarket HU's will only supply power to this lead when the fm or am station is selected. In that case, your amp will not power up in cd mode.

AleroBloke 06-15-2005 01:10 AM

:popc1:

alero_ecotec 06-15-2005 04:37 PM

maybe that's my problem, b/c i get crappy radio reception too. I'm not really sure what goes to what though. I know i have my power wire run to the fuse box on the drivers side....and my aftermarket amp turn-on also gets its juice through the power wire because it doesnt work with the amp turn-on wire ..........i dont know, i really dont want to take my crap apart to figure out the antenna but i guess i could.....if anyone knows what's supposed to be hooked to what let me know

RedAlero02 06-15-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mikegett@Jun 14 2005, 11:43 PM
The antenna booster can be a pain depending on the car. Some years have a green wire for the radio and others have blue one. This is the collor of the wire on your factory harness. Try splicing the new HU antenna into one or the other until you get it. You will notice a big improvement.
The "remote turn on" wire is the same thing as a amp turn on. These are the two you will want to splice togeather for your amp. Avoid using the power antenna. Most aftermarket HU's will only supply power to this lead when the fm or am station is selected. In that case, your amp will not power up in cd mode.

Thank you.

You've answered two questions in one post. :)

I'm going to start finishing everything tonight.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for the help.

RedAlero02 06-15-2005 08:45 PM

I now have my full signal back and the remote wire working when the cd plays as well.

Thanks again.