Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Aleromod.com Showcase (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rims, Tires, Lowered (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35267)

Philbar71 01-01-2012 07:10 PM

Rims, Tires, Lowered

Before rims and tires. With Canuck lowering springs and stock steelies and tires

New tires and rims. They are only 15"s yes... but I never intended to buy rims for these tires. I found out that the stock steelies are only 6" wide and for my tires I needed a 7" wide rim

After a full wash and wax today

Yes I am aware of the rust on the passenger side and the big assssss dent on the drivers side :P

Comments and/or criticism welcome :D

Edit: And before anybody says anything... yes I know my muffler is slightly crooked, all of that was done from sliding in to a ditch this past summer. lol

Hellfire5670 01-01-2012 07:41 PM

You have a den- Oh you know that?
Hahah just playing the car looks good man!

[ion] C2 01-01-2012 07:42 PM

Looks good, get some Motorsport-Tech 1 inch+ spacers on there.

I need these Canuck springs... my Eibachs just aren't low enough for my tastes..

Philbar71 01-01-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 605111)

I need these Canuck springs... my Eibachs just aren't low enough for my tastes..

Heh. Funny. I think my Canucks arent low enough :lol:

Question about spacers... 1" seems like alot, I have considered them however and was wondering if anybody had pics with smaller wheels (like mine) and spacers. Also, by by setting the wheel slightly more out like that would that net any kind of handling increase?

robalero 01-01-2012 07:56 PM

what size is your tires? I find my eibachs are lower then those canucks

rustyballs_69 01-01-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 605111)

Thats why I went with Canuck springs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philbar71 (Post 605113)

Car looks good, love the color. I feel the same about them not being low enough, another 1/2" would perfect I think.

spc2125 01-01-2012 08:13 PM

How are the canuck springs performance wise? compared to eibach?

[ion] C2 01-01-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robalero (Post 605115)

You didn't come to ASS. We compared lots of ride heights and spring types. Canucks were quite a bit lower than mine.

Quote:

Maybe if you're into "tucking," but my tires are flush with the fender width-wise so I can only go so low.
Quote:

Question about spacers... 1" seems like alot, I have considered them however and was wondering if anybody had pics with smaller wheels (like mine) and spacers. Also, by by setting the wheel slightly more out like that would that net any kind of handling increase?

Handling increase? ... very slight. What size you choose depends on your offset and goals. I wanted my tires/wheels flush with the edge of the fender, so I ordered the 1.06" ones with a +42mm offset wheel. It's pretty close. I don't know where the pictures are that I took showing it. Edit: Found 'em.

rustyballs_69 01-01-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spc2125 (Post 605117)

I think they are fine. The ass end rides a little rough but eh. I don't feel the body roll anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 605118)
Maybe if you're into "tucking," but my tires are flush with the fender width-wise so I can only go so low.

You would be fine with the Canuck springs.

Philbar71 01-01-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spc2125 (Post 605117)

Well stock i had the FE2 suspension, so it was already somewhat of a harsh ride. The Canucks are ALOT stiffer and harsher than stock. I prefer it that way and am really looking forward to getting some 17s with low profile tires on when these are gone :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by robalero (Post 605115)

They are 225/50/15. The car is pretty low but the tires are a lower profile than stock, making the wheel smaller in diameter and making the wheel gap slightly bigger.

Quote:

You didn't come to ASS. We compared lots of ride heights and spring types. Canucks were quite a bit lower than mine.

Handling increase? ... very slight. What size you choose depends on your offset and goals. I wanted my tires/wheels flush with the edge of the fender, so I ordered the 1.06" ones with a +42mm offset wheel. It's pretty close. I don't know where the pictures are that I took showing it. Edit: Found 'em.

Hmmm what size wheels? And thats with a body kit. Seems like alot of spacing.

[ion] C2 01-01-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philbar71 (Post 605130)
Hmmm what size wheels? And thats with a body kit. Seems like alot of spacing.

17x7, and I don't have the kit anymore.

robalero 01-01-2012 10:30 PM

i find when I have my 17's on it looks almost perfect I agree a little more and it would be better but for the price of my eibachs I can't complain too much ( $100 )

Philbar71 01-01-2012 10:52 PM

well with the canucks the front is so dam low, when I am cornering hard on some of these back roads around here and I hit a bump the cat will scrape on the ground. Thats partially how my stock cat died -___-

It seems like the rear could really drop about 3/8 or 1/2" to make it even.

robalero 01-02-2012 12:17 AM

I must say tho I like that red

a.graham52 01-02-2012 11:11 AM

i dont like the tires. iv got them on my car. there directional an you cant rotate them properly. mine have become noisy as hell and cannot wait for them to get worn out.

Philbar71 01-02-2012 11:20 AM

Mine are pretty noisy too. Im not terrably conserned with roating properly since they were only like 79 a piece. When these are worn out im upgrading to 17"s anyways.

kwhauck 01-02-2012 11:50 AM

Not too shabby!!

Papa Rad17 01-02-2012 12:32 PM

^looking good!

Philbar71 01-07-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

*sniped*

*sniped*

Those spacers... do they have some that act like hub centric rings, or whatever they are called that match the hole of the rim to the hub size.

Right now the hubs are slightly smaller than the wheel. What do I need to fix that?

robalero 01-07-2012 10:43 PM

hub rings is what you need