Thread: Newbie here
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
Welcome to the forum!! I hope you got that car at a low price.

Anyways, I'm going to dissect your post.

This one is easy. Even the lodging of the wood was easy, it's not going to be hard to get them out.

These windows have 2 clips on each window called "sash clips". They are the same throughout all 4 windows (you didn't state doors, but I assume it's a 4). They are glued on by some gorilla glue type of ordeal. You have to get the window out on each door and change off those clips.

This situation looks like this

Here's a link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-piece-Window-Glass-Regulator-Repair-Sash-Connector-Guide-Clips-Grand-Am-Alero-/331188504363?fits=Make%3AOldsmobile|Model%3AAlero

Make sure it's those sash clips and not the window regulator. If it's the regulator, you have to swap out the whole thing.

If your car is a 2002 or above, you will need the chime module to keep your chimes, otherwise you have to tap into the brown ignition wire (it was brown in my Grand Am) for the radio to work on the switch. You will also lose your RAP feature.

Actually, the defroster/antenna feature is very common now. Although why the Grand am got a mast antenna and the Alero didn't is beyond me.

This is somewhat complicated. I'm assuming it's the modulator.

Someone did a how to, but I assume this person had no working defrost. You may have to swap yours out.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25298
The static is normal...it works too hard whrn trying to do both and that is why i think they melt...he also said in the original post it is a 99
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote