Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-23-2005, 05:13 AM   #1
Kurt Zee

I just took off the ALERO and Oldsmobile lettering on the trunk, thinking about taking off the olds symbol as well (and whoever said that they come off pretty clean in another thread is lying through their teeth...i still have adhesive spots). but i'm thinking about putting the ALERO letters on my dash next to the pass. side vent. What do you guys think....are there any pics of this on the site? i want to do something a little different.

also....is it pretty easy to dye the dash by the pass. side? i want to dye the area by the glove box black and then paint the ALERO lettering white to go with my black and white theme.

any info would be MUCH appreciated!!
Old 04-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds cool And I agree about those folks who, apparently, had a nice time getting the emblems off. I nearly broke the Oldsmobile lettering.. and it was plenty warm, the plastic was even warm to the touch, it should have come of NP.

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
take either dish soap to the remaining adhesive, or use denatured alchohol
Old 04-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #4
Oldsmopimp

use an eraser wheel. My dad has one at the shop, and Im sure u can get them at any hardware type store.

Its a cordless drill attatchment that has a big round disc-shaped eraser at the end. ...yes, like a pencil eraser, only its brown. You hit the spots with that and it takes it right off, without harming the paint.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
VCguy85
V.I.P. Member

VCguy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to VCguy85
i try to get the piece off that says "Oldsmobile" and ripped off the paint right down to the primer. looks poopy now and im ticked
Old 04-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
Kurt Zee

i used (tried to rather) the Goo Gone sticker remover on the emblems and it didn't do poop!! but the spot where the alero was is nice and clean....but not the oldsmobile part, looks like crap! i'll try the dish soap tho.

does anybody know how to dye the sponge material by the glove box? ANY info would be much apreciated...the tan color isn't going with my black and white theme any more....needs to be changed. i'll try to post pics up of all the trim that i just finished
Old 04-23-2005, 07:33 PM   #7
Mr_White
Mile High Club

Mr_White is an unknown quantity at this point
use a heat gun or hair dryer get it hot to the touch then use some fishing line in a sawing motion & then use some kind of adhesive remover............NOTE should only be attempted at a temp of 65 or higher