Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 01-25-2004, 05:13 PM   #1
StealthAlero99

I am looking to get a system again (i used to have one but the 50 busted me and i didn't want it ne more). My friend wants to sell these items and they are brand new...
Kicker L7 12" sub (in box) - 200
Xtant (sp?) 600W amp - 150

Just wondering if that would be a good setup, i know the sub is a good sub, but i have never heard of Xtant amps b4. Also wondering if it would sound good in the Alero. I would have to pickup a wiring kit also, i was thinking 4 gauge? Just in case it matters i have the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X859 Thanks in advance
-Chris
Old 01-25-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
wy3134

It all depends on what your looking for out of the system. I personally have seen 600w amps a lot cheaper than $150, for $200 u can get a damn good 1200 watt 2channel or mono class D amp from kenwood or lanzar. I dont know much about kickers but hear they are a good sub. I have my system completely hooked up for under $300 (got my 2 polk momo subs 10" @ 600w max each for $100 when circuit city had a huge sale) and found the amp on ebay (people will shoot me for this but i dont have loads of money to blow on just a system) the amp is a sony xplode 1200watt mono class D which works perfectly. I plan to add a 1 farad capacitor to get a little more juice and power outta the setup, u can find those real cheap on ebay just check what brand it is before buying. My 2 cents...... if anyone is interested... I have a system for sale (2 mtx punch 10"s runnin 400w max power each with a L.A. Sound tribal amp 800watt 2channel which I have had people tell me they could hear from over a block away) the setup includes the amp, subs, and a dual bandpass enclosure box (the $150 sort that best buy sells, suprisingly a good box) I will sell this system for $180 plus shipping.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
MCKAlero

That should be a good setup. As far as the amp goes, it should be alright. However, find out if the subs impedance it will be either dual 2ohm(1 ohm or 4 ohm) or dual 4 ohm(2ohm or 8ohm). I believe that amp is 2ohm stable, so if the kicker is the dual 2, you will either overwork the amp(1ohm), or not get the full potential(4ohm).