Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-23-2004, 01:58 AM   #21
Steve03TropicTeal

ok thats just too much.. u cant listen to that poop from inside the car!

that is awesome tho. But that wouldnt even fit an an Alero Trunk barely!

hAHA.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #22
teebo7

So does anyone have a Type-X in their car now? if so a review and any pictures. Looking to buy one just curious to know if anyone has one...
Old 04-28-2005, 09:27 PM   #23
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I completely agree. The major factor in any car setup is the installation. Even the worst products can be made to sound better than the best products in a bad install. I am not a fan of Rockford or audiobahn, but I do have to disagree with black on the statement of a buzzing amp. Any amp has the possibility of doing this. It is quite common. Especialy in amps with large capacitors and coils. What your hearing is the vibration coming off of the copper coil. The larger it is the more vibration that will be apparant. If the coil presses against the metal cover (from it being bowed in slightly) a vibration will be apparant. If he is hitting the cases, I would not be at all suprised if they were abused slightly. At times it can be the result of the amp being placed in a vertical positon. Some manufacturers suggest a amp to be laid in a certain manor for this reason. The normal way to avoid this is placing multiple coils and caps opposed to one large cap and coil, or to make the casing larger. We have used silicone or foam on the top of the cover to eliminate it as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve03TropicTeal+Apr 23 2004, 04:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Steve03TropicTeal @ Apr 23 2004, 04:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BLK03GXS@Apr 22 2004, 05:17 PM
Have to agree alpine makes the most stable and longest lasting stuff around...IMO
They are by far my faveriote brand, Rf is garbage IMO, and has absolutly NO Sq potential....
Same with audiobahn.... Audiobahns stuff sounds ok, but blows up after a while, as is my experance, RF follows suit, i will never buy RF after the incident at a local retailer i had last year...
Me and my buddy were browsing the car audio department.. there was a strong buzzing coming from the amp rack wall....
we were talkin to the sales rep... we asked what the hell that was.. he walked over to a RF amp and hit it with a closed fist... quite hard the buzzing stoped... he said "never buy RF amps..."
Nuff said
Haha, well someone gosta stand up for Team RF..

As far as retialers go... i guaruntee go to any Best Buy, they will say RF is the ebst.. Go to any Circuit City, theyll push infin or kenwood...

i mean everyone haves what they like.. RF and something in ALbine comparably priced sound different sure. But which one sounds better is very subjective.

ANd installation matters just as much in car audio as the components.

But a poopty sub matched with the right sub, in a good box, in the right place.. and it will sound just as good as something installed poopy.

Hey, seriously i dont put any component down (except Jensen) based on one bad experience. And i dont meant to put down anybody.. I just used tour quote
BLK03GXS because u kinda summed up the entire idea i am responding to.

I am currently building an SQ RF system. it wont be no sick top of the line 10000 albine system. But for the about 900 bucks im spending i think itll sound good. When i get it all finished id like to intvite anyone to come hear it and tell me it dont sound good.

Ps. i apolgize for any spelling and grammaticaly shiznet. But i type fast and i dont proofread.
[/b][/quote]
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:53 PM   #24
wy3134

im picking a pair of these up on ebay for about $200 a piece, my only question is, are there any amps affordable out there to power em besides doing a double amp setup? id prefer to stay single amp but i guess 2 amps can work.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:05 PM   #25
cwm33

what's wrong with double amps? I've run double amp systems before and they were lethal
Old 04-28-2005, 10:10 PM   #26
wy3134

i guess thinking about it, i will have to upgrade the alternator, i guess i just dont wanna mess with the extra hassle of setting it all up if possible :grin:
Old 04-28-2005, 10:22 PM   #27
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Im thinking about getting rid of my r15 and getting a xXX (dont know if i want a 12 or 10)

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:22 PM   #28
msualero

hey guys..i have 2 of the new alpine X-type 12" subwoofers, im runnin a one farad cap, optima battery and a orion 2500d amp...THEY POUND and beautifully clear too..also running alpine s-type speakers all the way around and an orion 4004 amp running them..and the alpine indash lcd/cd/dvd/mp3 player and 6 disc changer...before i got my system i had looked at MTX and orion and RF...the guy at my audio shop introduced me to alpine and i love it!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:23 PM   #29
msualero

btw i have the subs inverted in a box that was built to alpine specs covered in red vinyl to match my car and the amps are mounted on a amp rack covered in red vinyl to match...yeah i have no trunk really lol
Old 04-29-2005, 11:49 PM   #30
msualero

oh yeah and in regards to alternator im running the stock one and its just fine..then again i have two batteries...the stock one up front and optima in the trunk
Old 04-30-2005, 12:07 AM   #31
wy3134

just curious, how do you have everything hooked up? mainly just the second battery
Old 04-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #32
msualero

yeah my audio system is mainly hooked up to the second battery which is an optima yellow top battery as well as my 1 farad cap...i was goin to get a larger cap..but havent had a problem with what i have...no headlight dimming or anything..in fact i just got around to getting the trunk dynmatted today....with this system dynamat in aleros in a NECCESITY...the guy at my shop chargest by sq ft and he hit all the rattle points...took the spoiler and trunk apart and got both parts of the trunk lid (even the metal underneath the metal) hard to explain but u guys know what i mean....and he only charged me 55 bux total....