Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-03-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
wy3134

I was just curious if anyone here has heard of this bluetooth stuff or uses it, and what it is used for? Any info appreciated, thanks.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
Crolero

you guys dont use it in the states at all...? Wow, its kinda old here, it a communication protocal that you can pretty much interface anything. from cell phones to labtops, to hands free and cell phone. Pretty much its like the infrared system but standarized and made universal. so if company X makes cell phones they will be able to use comapny C's B's F's T's U's and Z's hands free. hope that makes sence.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #3
wy3134

what kind of interfaces do they have? reason I ask is someone showed some interest in my carputer and they wanted to know if they could hook their bluetooth phone up to the current setup i have
Old 05-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Crolero@May 3 2005, 01:23 PM
you guys dont use it in the states at all...? Wow, its kinda old here, it a communication protocal that you can pretty much interface anything. from cell phones to labtops, to hands free and cell phone. Pretty much its like the infrared system but standarized and made universal. so if company X makes cell phones they will be able to use comapny C's B's F's T's U's and Z's hands free. hope that makes sence.

It has been available for quite some time here in the states as well. I've just never met anyone who actually uses it, at least that I know of. Its in cell phones, PDAs, laptops, lots of things...
Old 05-03-2005, 06:46 PM   #5
j_smith

My cell phone has bluetooth capabilities, and I use a bluetooth wireless headset with it. It works great. They make a bluetooth car kit for it too, but with the wireless headset I can make and receive calls so I think a car kit is unnecessary.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
bluetooth is a method for small scale (30ft) wireless networking. cells and pdas are the most popular uses of it. (in sync [not the band] with laptops)
Old 05-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #7
alerosport.com

New?? lol used it for quite some time "apple" has been using it for a while. I use my cellphone with it mostly putting music and or pictures back and forth or bluetooth pics or music to freinds who have bluetooth on their phones.

They make keyboards and mice with blue tooth. fun easy stuff
Old 05-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #8
wy3134

what would i have to do/buy to be able to use this bluetooth feature with a carputer?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 PM   #9
Illarin

Quote:
Originally posted by wy3134@May 3 2005, 06:26 PM
what would i have to do/buy to be able to use this bluetooth feature with a carputer?

You'll need a bluetooth adapter.. usb or pci. And then whatever software.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #10
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I have bluetooth built into my laptop.. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse with it. I'm surprised how well it works.

I just purchased a bluetooth handsfree kit for the Alero, I can interface it just like OnStar with the factory radio.. that is, when i receive a call it mutes the radio (display says PHONE) and then i hear the incoming call over the car speakers...

http://www.driveblue.com

I have the CK3300
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote