Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 10-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #21
Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Oct 28 2005, 02:20 PM
That's kinda scary. You are going to run high boost numbers but don't know about overlap in the cams??!!

not a single goddamn thing..

what's a cam?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:37 PM   #22
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
the secret cams have had up to 18 psi on them and HO cams have seen 22 psi.

the secret cams work great for 5-10 psi.

when i build my second 2.4/2.3 i am going with custom turbo grind. only due to the fact of very high psi and want maxinum hp.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #23
keepitsimple

thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 01:30 PM   #24
keepitsimple

currently my plan is to go to go to gm and have them do the reflash, do they include the injectors with the reflash or do i get them? after ill then install a fpr and only run 7.5 lbs to start with my stock cams , then after i manage to get the money, ill buy a new pump , safc, and bigger injector, and the cam swap, then run the high boost.

with the gm reflash the computer should be able to handle the 7.5 lbs right,?? the new fuel maps should be able to increase my fuel w/ out an safc, or am i wrong,

if this sounds likea bad idea let me kno, if it does sound good, anything i should do before, or need to do?

thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #25
Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by keepitsimple@Oct 30 2005, 06:30 PM
currently my plan is to go to go to gm and have them do the reflash, do they include the injectors with the reflash or do i get them? after ill then install a fpr and only run 7.5 lbs to start with my stock cams , then after i manage to get the money, ill buy a new pump , safc, and bigger injector, and the cam swap, then run the high boost.

with the gm reflash the computer should be able to handle the 7.5 lbs right,?? the new fuel maps should be able to increase my fuel w/ out an safc, or am i wrong,

if this sounds likea bad idea let me kno, if it does sound good, anything i should do before, or need to do?

thanks

You need to buy the injectors yourself, and the 2bar map yourself. It's about $100 for the reflash at the dealership, and hopefully you have a competent one nearby, because I had to go through 4 dealerships before I found one that knew what I was talking about. I'd also advise to get a wideband o2 sensor, so you can keep an eye on your air/fuel. Running more then 10lbs of boost constantly it IS advisable to upgrade the fuel pump, and get an S-AFC to fine tune things. Don't forget to get new plugs that are 1 to 2 steps colder then stock.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #26
keepitsimple

awesome thanks for the info, def. need to know. how do i get my hands on a 2 bar map?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:17 AM   #27
Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by keepitsimple@Oct 31 2005, 03:12 AM
awesome thanks for the info, def. need to know. how do i get my hands on a 2 bar map?

dealership parts counter.... I believe a couple part numbers for it are floating on j-body.org

or you can also try ebay.