Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
pyromaniac6565

Thumbs down

Ok, heres the deal. I bought a crime guard 745i a lonnng time ago, and ive been using it since i got it (obviously), but recently my remote broke and i cant use it anymore, so i found this paper i printed up a long time ago with options to set and some specs, it also has instructions on how to program new remotes. You would think it would work fine but nooo. Heres the directions word for word:
CODING REMOTES: Unit must be in a disarmed state (check)
Step 1- Turn on the ignition (check)
Step 2- Press valet button 5 times and wait for siren chirp (no check)
Step 3- Press the large button, the unit will respond with 1 chirp, press the right button, it will respond with 2 chirps, press the right button, it will respond with 3 chirps.(no check)
i press it five times and there is no chirp, so i wait, turn off the ignition and do it again, no chirp. So i get creative and try holding down the valet whilst holding down the large button on the remote, it works, i get a chirp, only i tried the other two buttons and nothing, and now the only button that works at all is the smaller one and it opens the trunk everytime i unlock the thing.

Spark notes: I need someone who has programmed remotes to this model to give me a walk though. I know its not a very popular model so its a long shot, but its a pita, and with increased crime rates from the "big bad" 13 year olds with nothing better to do than break into cars at night, id sleep a little better having an alarm on it. Thanks GREATLY in advance,
Jeremy