Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 12-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
queen_b
GX Member

queen_b is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to queen_b
Hoping this is right area to post.. Radio Help

Ok.. I just got the Jensen--touchscreen..7in flip.. I know there is a way to by pass the emergency brake.. I have it grounded to the body.. and was told i needed a toggle switch. Tried that and when i flip the toggle on it doesnt work. I have to play with it to get it to work and it is a pain in the butt. Is there ne way i can get this to work? Trying to get it to where i can watch something without pullin up the emergency brake... Please Help....
queen_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
Six Shooter
GX Member

Six Shooter is on a distinguished road
Why does everyone want to put a switch on this, so that they don't have to use the e-brake?

Just hook it up the way it's supposed to be, saves a lot of headache, especially when you get distracted while driving and hit somebody else.
Six Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
queen_b
GX Member

dont bother me at all---- i have had it up since i got the tv-- i dotn really look at it.. i listen to it but i got a 3 year old.. and when we stop at somehere i would like for him to watch it and be still without using the ebrake... We are makin a trip from IL back to NC... I know there is a way..
Old 12-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
TwistedDreams
VIP

TwistedDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TwistedDreams
my e-brake doesnt work, someone pulled it, thinking they was gonna try to piss me off, while I was driving and nothing happened
Old 12-02-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
tnalero99
GX Member

tnalero99 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that I have an Alpine TV and a buddies stereo shop got me a little black box that tricks the unit. When you start the car, the warning comes on the screen for about 3 seconds, then you can use it anytime after that. Not sure what it was called, but could do some searching or call area stereo shops for some info.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #6
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
the switch. to use it:
flip it on, flip it off, flip it on. should work.(if it's already on, repeat once)
Old 12-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #7
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
yeah, depending on which brand you have, there should be a black box for it. I have one with my Alpine and I can use it whenever. I dont watch movies anymore (1 close called cured that), but even when I use the dvd player as an MP3 player, it helps to have the big playlist on the screen. Let us know the brand and we'll see what we can find.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
And everyone does realize this is ILLEGAL.

Any shop installing such devices CAN BE FINED.

If you are pulled over and the TV/DVD/Screen is in the drivers view and is not disabled while in drive you CAN BE CITED.

These are obvious precautions for obvious reasons.

If you want a DVD player for your son I advise getting one that straps to the seat back (they are way cheaper than that $400 Jensen POS anyhow) or doing it right and getting screens installed in the headrest.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #9
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
^..she already bought it. why give that advice now?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #10
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Might be able to return... Also I never seen a post asking advice on what to buy. In reality its probably something she doesnt want to hear, but its the truth.

I sure as hell would be pissed thinking Im doing a good thing for my kid then end up causing an accident or getting a ticket over it- or both.

Also Iver heard some stories about the screens used in the Jensens going out rather fast.

Heck I wanted one for my daughter. Made the better choice of a $100 portable dvd w/screen deal. Comes with 12V cig adapter Battery and the works...
Old 12-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
rollinpropercc3
GX Member

rollinpropercc3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rollinpropercc3
.hey queen b, we've done it in my boys civic. let me bouble check the wiring, its been a few years. it was a p.i.t.a tho....but i will get back to ya
Old 12-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #12
queen_b
GX Member

ok thanks you guys.. YES! I KNOW ITS ILLEGAL I DO KNOW MY STATE LAWS AND ALL THAT! Second, I bought it for both of us.. Third it doesnt distract me at all with a movie playing drove a friends car that had one and never looked at the movie.. I can listen without watching the joy of havin a kid u learn to watch movies like that.... And if u read it says it a jensen but i did not post the model which is vm9311ts. As far as the jensen being a pos. that is ur opinion i know people that have them and so far they havent had ne probs out of them..... I did my research b4 buying it... And i have tried the way to bypass the ebrake but the way i was told isnt working.. Im not goin to be stupid and ride with the screen up constantly and watch movies the whole time while im driving. I appreciate everyones help but if u are goin to act like my mom or dad and tell me WHY i shouldnt do it then please dont post.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #13
ryanJ
GX Member

ryanJ is on a distinguished road
you might want to check the owners manual and see the correct procedure for allowing video playback. Ive installed in-dash units very similar to that Jensen and the followin sequense must be used;
1. engage e-brake, while vehicle is off
2. turn on ignition
3. disengage e-brake
4. engage e-brake
5. disengage
6. engage e-brake, after about 5 sec the warning will go away

its a pain but i bet that the model u have has similar instructions, if u wire up a switch that goes from 12v to ground just as your parking brake does then u should be ok
ryanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:59 AM   #14
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
shouldnt even need 12v to ground. ive always done bypasses with a switch straight to ground. flip it a few times, and ur bypassed