Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #41
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
my mom works for records for the police dept. and says that the most cars stolen are always red! So stay away from any red.
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 AM   #42
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
yeh im not going with red. we have too many red cars already...
a 69 and 95 firebirds - both red. and a SUV and work van - both red. We have had too many blue ones in my life too. too many blue oldsmobiles for that matter!
pawzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 AM   #43
olds_03

I say you get a big airbrush painting of "Lindsay <3's Candace"
yea...serious!
lol sowwy!
i think the blue pearl color would look really sharp, Candace!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:15 AM   #44
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
this thread is offically making my head hurt

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:33 AM   #45
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNLow View Post
this thread is offically making my head hurt
omg yeah...too many girly opinions. And your input on the paint should be stickied.....
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:47 AM   #46
El_Diablo

its all on the size of the flake.... and also, there are tons of different pearls out there... thats why they have test panels
Old 01-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #47
ppgnut

holy effin` shit!! do not listen to this guys post seriously at all, there is no specific size of flake at all, were are not in the 60`s and we painters don`t use crushed glass any more to achieve a desired look, your clueless so please do not post with useless info

let me give ya guys a example of how expensive material is and keep in mind the cost is my cost
gallon of clear 160, reducer 90, hardner 60, gallon of base coat 116, of course using PPG, house of kolor is hands down by far the most expensive system out there, PPG`s custom colors are just as expensive
and why is the guy doing such cheap ass work doesnt he like making money?? knowing you guys or not this is not an easy trade and to do your car for a 1,000 make me want to slap this guy right in the rooster sucker
this thread makes me laugh makes me shake my head at all the useless info that people are posting
Old 01-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #48
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppgnut View Post
let me give ya guys a example of how expensive material is and keep in mind the cost is my cost
gallon of clear 160, reducer 90, hardner 60, gallon of base coat 116, of course using PPG, house of kolor is hands down by far the most expensive system out there, PPG`s custom colors are just as expensive
and why is the guy doing such cheap ass work doesnt he like making money?? knowing you guys or not this is not an easy trade and to do your car for a 1,000 make me want to slap this guy right in the rooster sucker
this thread makes me laugh makes me shake my head at all the useless info that people are posting

most people dont even know that when you guy paint you have to buy the hardners and reducers and shit.

but ya chris house of kolor is most expensive for the most part. you know what im talkin about though......... it depends on what product your using from HOK........ my tangelo ended up being the same price as the mistsubishi red that is the bottomr color on joels car.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #49
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

whiteliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to whiteliquid Send a message via Yahoo to whiteliquid
I've always wondered why red is more expensive. I've always been told its because there is yellow flakes in it but ppgnut says they dont do that anymore So why is it more expensive

WhiteLiquid
whiteliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #50
pawzbear

wow why are yall getting so angry? This isnt that serious. Im modding my car and having fun with it. Not buckling down and acting like the world's gonna end over it.
He does cheap work for us because we refer a lot of business to him (=make him money) and we do cheap work for him. Considering we are the largest (non-stealership) shop around here, us referring business to you means you stay really busy. Especially with our business accounts like the cable company's trucks, and NC State university housing busses, a few limo companies, etc etc... You scratch our back we scratch yours.

And im sorry people are posting 'useless info' theres nothing i can do about it so im not getting mad. Anyways, back on topic.
I still want a black metallic maybe... what kind of options are there concerning the metallic-ness?? im clueless really. Im gonna get my hands on a color book thingy soon so i dunno...
or maybe a pretty, light teal color? no metallic... just pearly?

updat : body kit being ordered before paint.. gonna get it delivered to the shop within a week or so.. just gotta get my money together and shit. Im SOOOO busy with school and work its hard for me!

Last edited by pawzbear : 01-24-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #51
olds_03

reeeeeerrrrr!
no like i said before, i think a pearl blue-ish color would look nice. im very partial to black cars so if you go with that itll definitely look hot!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #52
pawzbear

AT Italia Inox rims are going for like.. 189 on tire rack. nothing but a set of used 19's (TOO BIG!) on ebay.. im considering a used, like new set of the stainless steel ones. Anywhere for cheaper or should i just bite the bullet??

oh and the painting of "CANDACE LOVES LINDSAY" on it will most def be a consideration!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #53
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
what about a pic of candace loving lindsay?
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #54
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat View Post
what about a pic of candace loving lindsay?

and remember, customizing is all about the details
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #55
olds_03

w00t Candace! w00t indeed!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #56
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
My true advice. If you are looking to buy a car, stop modding your alero. Modding an alero is a trap because once you start you want to keep going till your finished and normally when you sell it back you will not get your moneys worth. So my opinion is the money you want to use to mod the alero put aside and start figuring out how much the car you want to buy is. Then sell your alero(which will be worth more money because you didnt debage, lower, etc etc etc.) I hope you understand what I mean.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:12 PM   #57
pawzbear

i decided im not getting a new car instead. keepin the ho a few more years.

agh but im seriously rethinking it now that i got to play with an 04 RX8 for 13k at the dealership....
Old 01-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #58
SweetNLow
GLS member

rx8's suck....... unless you can wind it up to 6000rpm on a regular basis its a waste

Old 01-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #59
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
heh...I HAD a friend with an RX8.......

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #60
pawzbear

shit, its gotta be nicer than my alero.
not hating on the ho.. i love it to peices still